It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Chapter 10, Page 7, Book 09



Peace, unto this house, I pray,

Keep terror and despair away;

Shield it from evil and let sin

Never find lodging room within.

May never in these walls be heard

The hateful or accusing word.
Grant that its warm and mellow light

May be to all a beacon bright,

A flaming symbol that shall stir

The beating pulse of him or her

Who finds this door and seems to say,

"Here end the trials of the day."
Hold us together, gentle Lord,

Who sit about this humble board;

May we be spared the cruel fate

Of those whom hatreds separate;

Here let love bind us fast, that we

May know the joys of unity.
Lord, this humble house we'd keep

Sweet with play and calm with sleep.

Help us so that we may give

Beauty to the lives we live.

Let Thy love and let Thy grace

Shine upon our dwelling place.
Edgar Guest

GOOD MORNING !
I have seen more of the inside of my house than I have since May. When the weather is nice out and the days are longer I take advantage of it and get outdoors in the evening. I usually don’t come in until dark if the weather permits. Now neither the day light hours nor the weather is permitting that so I’m staying inside more. So I thought the little prayer for our homes was appropriate for this time of year.
This coming weekend will be mostly outdoor time. It’s Fall Festival time at the campground. We plan on having lots Chile to eat to keep us warm (there will be at least 3 or 4 different kinds) and I do hope there is lots of wood for the campfires . I think we will need them. It’s going to be in the mid to high 50’s (that is Fahrenheit) during the day and 30’s-40’s at night. I will have plenty of layers on so I should stay warm but we do have some fun outdoor activities planned.
One of the things we will do is paint T-shirts with glow in the dark paint. The children will have a trick or treat time too and there will be hayrides for everyone and I’ve heard there will be a haunted house too. We’ll all decorate our campers for the occasion. DS#1 says he has Mr. Pumpkin all ready to light up our site.
I’ll be taking plenty of pictures for sure.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY
Three Daily Reminders
By Mark Twain
Three daily reminders:
Have courage to say no.
Have the courage to face the truth.
Have the courage to do the right thing
because it is right
‘On Ya’-ma








8 comments:

Hollie said...

This weekend sounds like great fun. I hope to see many pictures. Have a great one. It's my long work weekend.

scrappy quilter said...

I love your Thought for Today. And your new heading is so pretty.

Hope you have fun this weekend and the weather warms up. We are pretty much on par with you during the day. Our nights are now going to -3C and lower. still no snow though. Hugs

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Sounds like fun!!...Friend Chris, MOM and i are hitting two fall festivals in our area this weekend!! Crafts....here we come!!

Enjoy....LindaMay

a corgi said...

I like the Fall Festival planned at the campsite. Sounds like lots of fun! that tee-shirt idea is cute too; I bet the kids like the glow in the dark paints :)

your fall header on your blog head with the decorations is cute too!

betty

Sybil said...

what great fun you are all going to have at the weekend to be sure. Your house looks so lovely, just wish I could see it in the "real".. we have had a real wet and cold day here after yesterday when it was so warm it seems funny.
Love your thought for the day
Love Sybil xx

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

Sounds like lots of fun.
everything on your blog looks so bright and cheerful
Chili will taste good on a fall day. I will have to make my family some soon.

Joann said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!! Can't wait to see the pics!!

Gayla said...

The Fall Festival sounds like loads of fun. I really want to be there :) We don't have much of a fall here in Vegas.
Your journal looks so great and I love all the pictures of the campsite...brings back memories when I was younger.
Huggers, Gayla

PS: Here is the link to my new journal: http://unfussyliving.blogspot.com/