It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, October 05, 2009

Chapter 10, Page 5, Book 09




A little child, accompanying his father to a cemetery, noticed that on most gravestones were two dates separated by a hyphen.

Daddy. he asked, what’s the dash between the two numbers? The father explained. The first number represents the date when this person was born, and the second represents the date when he died.

Yes, asks the little child, but what’s the dash?

Oh, says the father, That represents the person’s life

There'll be two dates on your tombstone
And all your friends will read 'em
But all that's gonna matter is that little dash between 'em...

Don’t be satisfied with a hyphen or a dash that is flat and empty.
There is more to life.
Find it.

Kevin Welch


GOOD MORNING!

That cute little tombstone above is actually a Lenox China Tidbit Dish

Here we are the beginning of a brand new week and a new day to make the most of. I had a good weekend of getting lots done around my house and now I’m ready to go back to work.

Today and tomorrow we are going to be enjoying a little warmer weather, but by Wednesday it’ll cool down some and stay that way through the coming weekend they say. The golden days of autumn are not all bright and beautiful for sure, but the brilliant colors on the trees do help to brighten the days.

I was happy to find out that a pair of slacks I hadn’t been able to wear last spring fit me when I tried them on to wear to church yesterday. I always put on weight during the winter and take it off during the summer months. That’s a good thing as I do not want to buy a larger size. I did have to do that a couple of years ago and found it to be very disheartening not to be able to wear many of the things I loved.
I’ll never be slim and trim again. I’m satisfied to look like what I am and that’s a pleasingly plump grand’ma’. But I don’t want anymore weight to add up.

That is the news from my house this morning. I do hope your Monday is a wonderful one!
I’ll be living my DASH…

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

TOO TRUE, TOO OFTEN

Too often we don't realize

what we have until it is gone.

Too often we wait too late to say

"I'm sorry — I was wrong."


Sometimes it seems we hurt the ones

we hold dearest to our hearts,

and we allow foolish things

to tear our lives apart.

Far too many times we let

Unimportant things into our minds,

and then it's usually too late

to see what made us blind.


So be sure that you let people know

how much they mean to you.

Take that time to say the words

before your time is through.


Be sure that you appreciate

everything you've got.

And be thankful for the little things

in Life, that mean a lot.


Growing old is a privilege denied to many.

Never leave behind regrets
Author Unknown
‘On Ya’ -ma

2 comments:

scrappy quilter said...

Your thought for today is so very true. A gentle reminder that life is so short. Hugs and hope you have a wonderful Monday and great week.

a corgi said...

that was good advice about the dash; I know a lot of us want our dash to mean something and to leave this world a better place than when we started, but I know a lot of us get bogged down with just all the stress of living; I think we need to continue to remember that dash of our lives

good for you with the pants, Ma; I know that's a good feeling. I think that happens to a lot of us, we lose in summer since we're more active and its hot and we don't tend to eat as heavy like we do in winter.

enjoy your bit of Indian summer before the weather changes

betty