It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Chapter 10, Page 4, Book 09


Man needs a day of rest from the cares, toils, and trials of the six days of work in the material realm. He needs to reflect, meditate, contemplate, and to turn his eyes inward, as it were, rather than outwards.—Anonymous


I often think of a story I know about a woodcutter. He had an axe that was dull; the blade needed to be sharpened. A stranger came up to him and said, "You know, if you just stop working and take time to sharpen that blade, everything would go so much more smoothly." And the woodcutter was frantic. He said, "Forget it. I don't have time to stop and sharpen my blade. I've got things to do. I've got a family to support." And he just kept on keeping on ....

you might be busy, but if you take five minutes, and you just get up and you do some stretches ... or you take 10 minutes and go out and take a walk ... or if you just take two minutes and close your eyes and do some breathing — you'll come into your center, your blade will be sharp, and the rest of your work will just flow ...

Slow down


GOOD MORNING !

I always count on my Sunday rest and relaxation to get me through the rest of the week. I go to church unless circumstances prevent it. There have been a few weather related days that I didn’t make it. I always feel refreshed and renewed by that hour spent in church each week.

I do relax too as I take it slow and easy on Sunday mornings enjoying my coffee, reading my daily meditations and surfing the net. I don’t get the Sunday newspaper but I do read a lot on line.

Very often the rest of Sunday involves a little work as I like to cook something that will be nice to have for leftovers the rest of the week. I’m not sure what I’ll be cooking up today but I will make something. I also like to get my clothes for work all set for the week too. I like to check the weather forecast and then plan what I’m going to wear from that.

When I’m camping of course there is some of my family to share a pleasant afternoon with before I head back home, but when I’m home it is usually a very quiet afternoon and I find my self doing things around the house that are needed.. There is always something that needs done here and since I’ve camped every weekend since late April I am behind on a few things so I need to catch up.

I do hope you all have a day of that good R & R too. You are all in my thoughts and prayers as always

‘On Ya’- ma








4 comments:

Hollie said...

Have a wonderful day of R & R. Sounds like it's going to be a productive one tho.

Ally Lifewithally said...

Sounds like you are going to be busy ~ enjoy your Sunday ~ Ally x

a corgi said...

I liked that wood cutter story and the moral behind it; we do need to take breaks; we are more productive when we come back from them, even just 10 minutes away from the "grind" of the workday.

hoping you are enjoying a restful day

betty

scrappy quilter said...

I agree, taking a day to relax helps make the rest of the week so much easier I think. I love spending a couple hours at church every Sun. morning and when we miss because of weather (it's an hour one way) I find it so difficult. Hope you're having a super relaxing Sunday.