It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Chapter 10, Page 31, Book 09

It is Saturday and I am home today so come on in..
Back door friends are the best they say!

This is my back door before my kitchen was remodeled. It didn't have a window in it so I painted one on it. The picture above this is my new door that does have a window in it
I wish I had a picture of the other side of the door to show you but I dont. It had an altogether different kind of window painted on it.
I love being able to look out into my back yard when I'm working in the kitchen



Outside my door when it's nice weather we have all kinds of things blooming. This is just one of the day lilies we have. It has a double blossom on it.
Nature is a BLESSING for sure.
I'm counting my blessings as always, naming them one by one. I hope you are too!
Happy Saturday and Happy All Hallows Eve everyone!
'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

Hollie said...

You are so talented! It's raining here this morning also. I hope it clears up by tonight for all the trick or treaters. Enjoy your day at home!

Ora said...

WOW ma...beautiful paintings...what talent...and the pics of your house...just great..I so enjoy seeing where others live and are happy...God Bless...hugs...Ora

scrappy quilter said...

I love the window in the door. What a talent you have. Your leaf picture on your sidebar with the quote "may joy find your heart and warm your soul" is beautiful. That's my wish for you too. Hugs..

Jenny said...

It's lovely to have a window to look out of, i could do it for hours. I am guessing that your duplex is the same as what we call semi-detached.

Jenny <><

That corgi :) said...

cute idea to have painted a window on your door when you didn't have one; I'm with you, I like to be able to look outside and see what's going on when I'm in the kitchen

hope you enjoy your popcorn/movie tonight :)

betty

Linda :) said...

Happy Halloween!! :)

Joann said...

I LOVE the pic you painted on your old door!! So cute, and so homey!!