It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, October 03, 2009

Chapter 10, Page 3, Book 09


How well I know what I mean to do
When the long, dark autumn-evenings come.
Robert Browning(1812-1889) , By the Fire Side

GOOD MORNING !

I AM SO FEELNG THE EFFECTS OF SO MUCH WET DREARY WEATHER
If I were a bear I’d be hibernating about now.
People don't actually hibernate, but many reduce their activity and spend more time indoors during these short days

I like the feeling of being insulated and protected in my snug house

But, it is also the time of aching joints and bad colds. We live seasonally without even thinking about it.

The autumn is a time of holidays, celebrations and rituals. Autumn is the time for harvest and storing food supplies for the coming winter. There are harvest festivals and celebrations of gratitude and thanksgiving. People express their spirituality with dances, prayers and meditations. Traditional spirituality views time and life as a circle. The reoccurring seasons are points on this circle. Seasonal celebrations emphasize the constant change and renewal of life

In this season of Autumn I’m sure the good Lord knew what he was doing and although we cannot hibernate we can begin to live life a little more slowly and rest up more. Our bodies are telling us we need to rest more and conserve our energy for the wintery days that our coming.

And that is just what I am doing today. All snug here in my kitchen with my laptop I am enjoying a lazy morning. I am missing the usual activity at the campsite and the good breakfasts that my camper babes would be fixing, but it's that time of year when camping is just about over. Only 2 more weekends and the camper will be closed up for the winter anyway.


‘On Ya’-ma

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh I know how you feel about the dreary winters. We have that here as well. It hasn't quite hit us yet, the days have started out that way but the sun has managed to poke through the clouds. We get a lot of fog and dark days in the winter. Not as much rain as I had heard before I moved here but none the less I get the blues after about 3 months of it and need to get away to find some sunshine. I am so grateful we have a motorhome and can just take off at a moment's notice. Enjoy your last few camping weekends and cherish those kidlets.

Buttercup said...

We got a reprieve from the gloominess today. It's almost summer again. So loving a bonus of nice weather. Take good care!

scrappy quilter said...

We got a reprieve from the gloominess yesterday. Today it was dull until lunch and now it's raining. It's suppose to rain the rest of the day and all day tomorrow and when I look at the long term forecast, it looks like some snow is coming our way. We had an awesome Sept. though so I'm not going to complain. Hugs..

a corgi said...

I like how you said that we live seasonally, Ma, indeed true words. And I think we do need the autumn and even winter seasons so we can enjoy the springs and summers to their fullest. Having a nice warm house and plenty to do (even if it is a nap or two) is a great way to spend an autumn day

betty

Joann said...

What a great entry... I love the Fall!! We don't get the color changes here, though, so thank you for posting the pics!! I do appreciate it!!

Joann said...

I love the Fall!! We don't get the color changes here, though, so thank you for posting the pics!! I DO appreciate it!!

Hollie said...

I love being all snug in the house on cool dreary days. It's like my little nest away from the rest of the world.