It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Chapter 10, Page 29, Book 09



Welcome to my home !
There is something NEW AT MY HOUSE today
I've decided to change the way I make my entries. Starting today I'm going to be doing a diary of sorts. It will be all about my blessings of which I do have many.
My files are full of pictures that tell about my many blessings in my life. They are of my family, my home and events in my life
So beginning to day that is what I am going to be sharing with all of you.
I hope that you too will be encouraged to count those every day little things that make life so good and what I call my blessings
BLESSSINGS
One of my favorite things to do is to paint

The little sleds above were painted by me for my grandchildren a few years ago. I've not done any painting for awhile but am going to be getting back into it as there will be plenty of indoor time this winter
This is a sweatshirt that I painted for one of my DDIL's
This is a slate that I painted for my DD to hang outside her door
The time spent doing these things is so relaxing. I enjoy every moment. My weekends are never long enough to do what I love to do and this is only one of my blessings to be sure.
'On Ya'-ma

9 comments:

Kathy said...

I like your idea. I also like the holiday planning list in your sidebar. I wish I had read that years ago when I was working fulltime and never seemed to get through the holidays in an orderly fashion. I love to paint (tolepaint) too. I used to paint all the time and haven't picked up a paint brush in years. Maybe you will inspire me to dust off my equipment and start again too. Have a great day.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

I love the new format...and your paintings.....show them all.....what a talent!!

Enjoy....LindaMay

LYN said...

LOVE YOUR LIST ON THE SIDEBAR..I AM STARTING SHOPPING THIS WEEKEND...

Cindi said...

love the pics....your talent is amazing...thx for sharing them
xoxoxo

Alice said...

Great idea, Pam! All are so well done. Many years ago I did about 25/30 oil paintings & gave a bunch of them away. Not sure how many left now but I disposed of all my art supplies. Just had to give it a one-time try. Looking forward to more of your blessings :)

Sybil said...

what a wonderful thoughtful thing to be doing...I will be looking forward eagerly to watching all your projects take place in the weeks ahead.
Love Sybil xx

scrappy quilter said...

I love your new format too. And the paintings are beautiful. Can't wait to read about more of your blessings!! Hugs.

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

I love the sweatshirt and sleds. You and those grandkids are very talented. Hope you have a good weekend.

That corgi :) said...

I like your new blogging format, Pam, with telling of your blessings and sharing them with us

what a talented artist you are with painting! I liked the snowman sleds with "I love you Snow much" how cute!!!

betty