It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Chapter 10, Page 28, Book 09


Here are few pearls of wisdom packaged in humor.
Enjoy
1. You wouldn't worry what people thought about you if you only knew how seldom they did.
2. To expect life to treat you fairly because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge you because you're a vegetarian.
3.Worry is like a rocking chair; it will give you something to do, but won't get you anywhere. 4.Pain and suffering are a lot like gas....they too shall pass.
5.Always borrow money from a pessimist. They don't expect to be paid back.
6.Anyone who says that swimming is good for the figure has never taken a real good look at a whale.
7.A bore is always ME deep in conversation.
8.Some people think their lives are full, when really they're just cluttered.
9.If at first you don't succeed, try not to be amazed.
10.A leader without a sense of humor is like a grass cutter at a cemetery. You have a lot of people under you paying absolutely no attention.
Good Morning !

As promised I’m letting you know how I did on that list from yesterday

Here are the things I didn’t do

5. Replace anger, irritation, resentment with compassion.

I didn’t have anything to be angry about

21. Eat veggies.

Does ketchup on my sandwich at lunch count as a veggie?

23. Compliment others even strangers.

Had no one to give a compliment to
26. Move more today. (more walking, getting up, shake a tail feather, etc)

It was one of my sit behind a desk days although I did walk through the grocery store at lunch time
Sing.

I usually do but yesterday I didn’t …I’m truthful anyway

I’ll be working on the five I missed out on…

‘On Ya’-ma


5 comments:

Alice said...

Loved all these. I can tell you are a very honest person:)

seeking the truth said...

you did great Ma! that means there was a lot you did do from that list yesterday! and the ones you didn't do can surely be accomplished today or over the next few days

I loved the pearls of wisdom, especially the one about wondering what people are thinking about us; truth is, the wisdom was right; we worry so much about what others think and they hardly are thinking of us (probably because they are thinking of themselves, LOL)

enjoy the day :)

betty

Ora said...

LOL...and it was a good deep laughing too...I like the one about the "whale" LOLOL...and you did good on that list...I am proud of you...way to go!!!!! happy day Ma...hugs...Ora

Jenny said...

I loved the humour and i wondered why the swimming wasn't working, just rounding me out like the whale.

Jenny <><

Carlene Noggle said...

HEY...I LIKED THE LINE ABOUT WHALES!!! LOL SO TRUE! HOPE YOU HAVE BEEN DOING WELL MA!!!
GOD BLESS,
CARLENE