It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, October 26, 2009

Chapter 10, Page 26, Book 09

Start your day with some happy thoughts
Berries … mmmm.
Walking barefoot in grass.
Listening to good music in the car.
Taking a long, relaxing shower.
Coffee.
A good novel.
Popcorn and an old movie on DVD.
The smell of fresh-cut grass.
Watching the sunrise.
Walking on the beach.
A gentle morning run.
Yoga or stretching or meditation.
Watching the sunset.
Hugging your child tightly.
Good wine.
Dark chocolate.
Dancing like you’re crazy.
Telling jokes till your sides ache.
A long conversation with a good friend.
Root beer float.
Being lazy on a Sunday.
Waking to a clean house.
An uncluttered room.
Banana split.
Pillow fights.
Fries and a chocolate milkshake.
Singing in the shower, loudly.
Dancing in the rain and stomping in puddles..
Fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies.
Helping someone in need.
Making someone smile.
Homemade pie.
A nature hike.
Laying back and watching the stars.
Making a sandcastle.
Floating in the water.
Taking an afternoon nap.
Watching your children on Christmas morning.
Laying back and looking up at clouds.
Watching the ocean.
Getting a massage.
Reese’s peanut butter cups.
PB&J sandwich.
Iced green tea.
Acting crazy in public.
Seeing your savings account grow.
Seeing your debt shrink.
Taking a hot bath.
Blowing bubbles.
A gentle breeze.
The feeling after a good workout.
Checking something off your to-do list.
Snuggling together under the covers on a stormy day.
The smell of a new Moleskine notebook.
Writing on good paper with a good pen.
A clear desk.
Fresh popped popcorn.
A fresh snow.
Swinging on a swing.
Homemade strawberry shortcake.
Watching animals in nature.
An empty email inbox.
Playing hooky.
Staying up all night talking.
Having a picnic
.
GOOD MORNING !

I’ve thought about cutting the list above up in sections for each thing on it and putting them in a jar to take one out when I need a happy thought. We all need something good to remind us that life is not all work and no play.

Mondays are such tough days for me. I love the little prayer that goes…

Dear Lord,

I'm proud to say, so far today I've got along alright;I have not gossiped, whined or bragged, or had a single fight.I haven't lost my temper once, or criticized my mate.I have not lied, I have not cried, or loudly cursed my fate.So far today I've not one time been grumpy or morose,I have not been spiteful, cold or vain, self-centered or verbose.But, Lord, I'm going to need your help throughout the hours ahead,So give me the strength, Dear Lord,for now I'm getting out of bed.

Well I am out of bed and I’ve had my coffee so off to work I go..

Have a great Monday!

'On Ya'-ma






7 comments:

Hollie said...

Love the list & little prayer. Sending you a great big hug. I love Mondays when I'm off.....that means it's my short week :0)

Buttercup said...

Like your list. I actually began to organize on Saturday. Need to start making a list and ticking things off. Gift bags and tissue paper ticked off. Have a good day!

scrappy quilter said...

Love your list too. I hope you have a great Monday and a super week. Hugs..

seeking the truth said...

that is a great list, Ma, of happy thoughts and I like your idea about putting them in a jar and taking them out one by one when you need a happy thought

I also like that little prayer; seen it lots of times; good reminder for us to continue to live as best as we can even after we get out of bed!

Mondays are hard days to get back into the grind of the week...hoping all in all it is a great one for you :)

betty

grazzhopr said...

What a wonderful list and prayer. Thank you for the reminder to be grateful for what is.

Alice said...

It's Mother Nature's washday here this Monday & she's doing a fine job of it. Still at it! But heck, I'm having a great time catching up on blogs (my dad is having a good day so I can tie up my phone line) & doing some needed deleting of lots of pics scattered all over my pc. Maybe things will run better for it. LOVED that little prayer :)

Ora said...

a great entry as usual..food for thought....and I love the little prayer at the end...I say one much like it...cause it makes me smile...and getting up with a smile is a good thing...for everyone!!!! happy blessed day to you...hugs...Ora