It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, October 23, 2009

Chapter 10, Page 23, Book 09


Death was walking toward a city one morning and a man asked,
What are you going to do?
I’m going to take 100 people, Death replied.
That’s horrible! the man said.
That’s the way it is, Death said. That’s what I do.
The man hurried to warn everyone he could about Death’s plan.
As evening fell, he met Death again.
You told me you were going to take 100 people, t
he man said. Why did 1,000 die?
I kept my word, Death responded. I only took 100 people.
Worry took the others.

An estimate of half of all the people in America’s hospital beds are constant worriers. Mental distress can lead to migraine headaches, arthritis, heart trouble, cystitis, colitis, backaches, ulcers, depression, digestive disorders and yes, even death.

Add to that list the mental fatigue of nights without sleep and days without peace, then we get a glimpse of the havoc worry plays in destroying the quality and quantity of life. Worry is, and always will be, a fatal disease of the heart, for its beginning signals the end of faith.

Release the regrets of yesterday, refuse the fears of tomorrow and receive instead, the peace of today.
FREE YOUR MIND, YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID.

GOOD MORNING !

I say it over and over again but it is so true, faith does lift us up from some of our darkest moments. My faith is in God. Putting trust in other people is fine but people are not always there for you.

I won’t say that there is never a moment that worry doesn’t enter my head. Of course it does. I’m only human. But I don’t let it bring me down. I guess it’s a lesson I learned a long time ago and when it’s been brought home to you enough times, you do finally learn.

All the worry in the world does not solve a single problem. If anything else I think we all should be taught at any early age how to handle problems. The first and foremost thing to do in my opinion would be to pray about it. The 2nd is to look God for the answers.

I did receive an e-mail from my friend whose sister had the surgery we were praying for and she said: Thank you and everyone else for the prayers. Please keep her in thoughts for a complete recovery. It will take a good 6 weeks or so we are told. Also if you wouldn’t mind, could you ask them to pray for those who are looking for a job

I have added that to my prayer list and hope you do too. There are lots and lots of people needing a job right now.

I heard a list of things to do to keep your job or to help you over the hump of finding a new job when the other is lost on my way to work this week. It included things like making sure your work is excellent. Whether you like your job or not the work done should be your best.

They also said you should make contacts in your line of work that might hire you if you should be in need of another job. And one program I was listening to said that very often it is in our churches where we make the best contacts.

Praying will certainly help too.

Well today is Friday. You know it is my favorite day of the week. It’s the anticipation of 2 days off that makes it so good for me.

I owe, I owe,
It’s off to work I go…


THOUGHT FOR TODAY

When the weather suits you not, Try smiling.
When the coffee isn’t hot, Try smiling.
When your neighbors don’t do right,
Or your relatives all fight, Sure ’tis hard,
but then you might
Try smiling.
Doesn’t change the things, of course — Just smiling.
But it cannot make them worse — Just smiling.
And it seems to help your case,
Brightens up a gloomy place,
Then, it sort o’ rests your face — Just smiling.

Author Unknown

‘On Ya’-ma







5 comments:

Jeannette said...

As I am a constant worrier, I can relate to that. However, it runs in the female side of my family and however hard I try not to, that is just me.

Ora said...

Hey Ma...I am smiling...cause I want you to have a fun filled relaxing and amazing two days off from work!!!! God Bless...hugs...Ora in KY

a corgi said...

I'm learning, since I am a worrier, to just say "I trust you Lord" when I start feeling anxious/worried

good advice given Ma, especially to pray and seek God, definitely through reading the Bible, and hopefully having a few friends who are also walking with God to be there with you

I'm glad your friend's sister is doing as good as she can following surgery

I do agree about praying for jobs and the advice given to keep jobs; our church also started a weekly group to help people hone their interview skills, building a good resume, and a place for contact to help others find jobs :)

enjoy your 2 days off

betty

scrappy quilter said...

have a wonderful weekend. Praying is an integral part of my life. Can't imagine not praying. Hugs..

Sybil said...

Thanks for the great poem about the devil and death...it is so so true. I have never been a worrier I am glad to say (my Mother we used to say would worry about not worrying !!) I always try to take each day as it comes...as you say not always easy but mostly it works. Your words are always os uplifting Ma, just wish I had your way with words.
Have a great weekend.
Love Sybil xx