It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Chapter 10, Page 21, Book 09

When you are exasperated by interruptions, try to remember that their very frequency may indicate the valuableness of your life. Only the people who are full of help and strength are burdened by other people's needs. The interruptions which we chafe at are the credentials of our indispensability. The greatest condemnation that anybody could incur--and it is a danger to guard against -- is to be so independent, so unhelpful, that nobody ever interrupts us and we are left comfortably alone.
Author Unknown
GOOD MORNING !

When we are interrupted we are often irritated. Just when we are up to our elbows in work, it seems we are interrupted. We shouldn’t be annoyed at all. It means to someone our time is valuable. It means that to someone our help is needed. It means we are very important to someone.

I’ve gotten so that I like it when I get an interruption. I sit in the office by myself so much and at home too that for someone to say they need a little bit of my time is a blessing.

This past Sunday afternoon, after working at my task of unloading my car and trying to find some space in my house for all my camper stuff…I got an interruption. DS#6 and his wife stopped in for a little visit. They didn’t need anything from me and were just stopping by for a chat before heading back home but all the same I didn’t mind at all that they came, I needed a break anyway.

As a matter of fact after they left I didn’t do anymore, I decided my knees had had enough going up and down the stairs for one day.

It is OVER THE HUMP DAY – mid week already. Hope your Wednesday is a great one and may you be blessed with an interruption or two today. Remember you are needed and valuable and very special to someone!

Today will be a long one for me as I won’t get out at lunch time for a break. My boss will be home with his sick son. Even men have to stay home with the sick children these days if the mom is working. I think they take turns so neither one misses much work.
I also have a friend who’s sister is having some major surgery today so please join me in praying for her. Any and all prayers will be appreciated.


THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I have always been complaining that my work was constantly interrupted, until I slowly discovered that my interruptions were my work
Author Unknown

‘On Ya’-ma





5 comments:

Hollie said...

What an inspiring way to look at interruptions. Thanks for sharing that with us. I'll be praying for your friend's sister. I hope your day isn't too long.

Jenny said...

Hi, thanks for your comment, it was good of you after i had been away for such a long time. Have a good day.

Jenny <><

Sybil said...

I hadn't thought about all the interuptions I get as being a blessing....I have to change my thinking!!! just as I wrote that my sister rang !!! another interuption but certainly a blessed one...we had a laugh as I was smiling when I answered...she says she loves interuptions sometimes as it saves her getting on with whatever she is doing !!
Anyway hope your day as gone quicker than you thought it might. Prayers are being said by Mary and I for your friends
Love Sybil xx

a corgi said...

I like your thoughts about interruptions, Pam; I tend to sometimes get annoyed about them but I'm going to start looking differently at them

cute festival blog header you have :)

betty

scrappy quilter said...

I love how you always look at the positive. Just blesses the socks right off me. Hugs.