It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, October 19, 2009

Chapter 10, Page 19, Book 09


I may never see tomorrow;
there's no written guarantee,
And things that happened yesterday
belong to history,
I cannot predict the future,
I cannot change the past,
I have just the present moment,
I must treat it as my last,
I must use this moment wisely
for it soon will pass away,
and be lost to me forever
as part of yesterday,
I must exercise compassion,
help the fallen to their feet,
Be a friend unto the friendless,
make an empty life complete,
The unkind things I do today
may never be undone,
And friendships that I fail to win
may nevermore be won,
I may not have another chance
on bended knee to pray,
And thank God with a humble heart
for giving me this day


GOOD MORNING!
Here we are with a new week and a new day once more.
It’s going to be long 5 day work weeks for me from now on til Thanksgiving and then I’m taking the day after as a vacation day.
The thing is that work slows down for us now. The weather has put a stop to a lot of the work our men do as it’s been way too cold.
Having less to do makes the days at work seem even longer than what they are. I’ll be starting to purge some old files and move them to the archives and shred some of the old stuff, but I really cannot do much of that til the new year.
At home there is lots and lots to do with preparing my house for Thanksgiving company. My company will be my family and they do not need anything special done for them, but my house has been sadly neglected since camping season began in April so there really is a lot to clean up and organize.
I hope your Monday is a great one!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY


If we weren't meant to keep starting over,

would God have granted us Monday?

Anonymous


'On Ya'-ma








5 comments:

Sugar said...

nice seeing a post from you.
have a good week!
huggies...

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Love the quote about Mondays!!

Enjoy....LindaMay

Linda :) said...

Have a great day! :)

scrappy quilter said...

Hope you have a wonderful week even if the days go slower. Hugs..

a corgi said...

I always think it is hard to be at work and trying to find things to keep busy while watching the clock slowly wind down to the end of the day

I bet you are looking forward to Thanksgiving with all your wonderful family with you :)

betty