It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Chapter 10, Page 17, Book 09

An old poem describes a woman walking through a meadow meditating on nature. While strolling about, she came upon a field of golden pumpkins. In the corner of the field stood a majestic, huge oak tree.

She sat under the oak tree musing on the strange twist in nature which put tiny acorns on huge branches and huge pumpkins on tiny vines. She thought to herself, God blundered with Creation. He should have put the small acorns on the tiny vines and the large pumpkins on the huge branches.

Nodding off, the woman stretched out under the oak tree for a nap. A few minutes after falling asleep she was awakened by a tiny acorn bouncing off her nose.

Chuckling to herself, she rubbed her nose and thought

Maybe God was right after all!

GOOD MORNING !

So often in my world things do not go the way I want them to. I fought for control for a very long time and then I discovered a much better way. I chose to turn it all over the One who could do a much better job than I.

If you had met me when I was a young thing You would have seen a very organized, but busy lady. I had times set for doing everything just so. I tried to model my mother who was an immaculate house keeper and I also tried to do more than any one person should do in a day’s time. I was busy busy making sure everything was in place.

I found out that no matter how perfect I tried to make things, difficulties still happened. Days did not always go my way and even my health wasn’t something I could control. A mom with young children doesn’t ever get sick I’d say…

I learned some hard lessons along the way and since I’m now old enough to look back and see the error of my ways I can tell you for a fact that there is only one in control. That is God.

That doesn’t mean I stopped trying to do my best with my home and family, it just means i put my trust in God rather than in myself.

Today I’m sadly closing up and winterizing my little place in the woods. It should only take a few hours this afternoon. Then I’ll be home for the duration of what seems to be about 6 months of cold bone-chilling weather.

The good thing is that Spring will come again and the anticipation of another camping season will keep me going through it all.

I think the good Lord know what he was doing in this case too.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY
Is It Any Wonder?
Is it any wonder
That the world is filled with pain,
When man sets aside its beauty,
For his own material gain?
Is it any wonderThat lovers' hearts grow dim,
When they do not hold in honor,
The love that's found within?
Is it any wonder
That the homeless often fail,
When they're forced out of house and home
To seek another trail?
Is it any wonder
That nature falls to ruin and rubble,
Because we drain it thoughtlessly,
Allowing it to crumble?Is it any wonder
That children go astray,
Because we did not take the time,
To show them the proper way?
Is it any wonder
That evil's strong and bold,
When we can't see any goodness,
And we let our hearts grow cold?
Is it any wonder
Racism thrives, my friend,
When we cannot see the person,
Just the color of his skin?
Is it any wonder
That friendships die and fade,
When we forget the reasons,
Why they first were made?
Is it any wonder
Our world has been polluted,
When we allow our industries,
To strip it and permute it?
Is it any wonder
There's so much grief and sorrow,
That we don't even seem to care,
What will take place tomorrow?
Is it any wonder
We see no value in our brothers,
And we hold ourselves too far above,
The many needs of others?
Is it any wonder
Our world is like it is,
When all we do is grumble,
And no action do we give?
Is it any wonder
We wait in fear of Judgment Day,
When we do the things we do,
Then forget the way to pray?
Author Unknown
‘On Ya’-ma






6 comments:

Hollie said...

I love it poem. I must admit I giggled at that one. It would have been bad to get hit on the head with a big ole pumpkin. LOL

Cindi said...

bye camper...see you in a few months!!
xoxoxox

scrappy quilter said...

I chuckled too about the acorn and the pumpkin. Really enjoyed seeing the new pictures. Now it's time to just rest friend. Hope the winter isn't too severe and that spring arrives for you early. Hugs..

a corgi said...

I liked the pumpkin and the acorn story

that picture on your blog header says it all Ma; I'm sure it was a GREAT season!

yep, we just need to turn it over to God sooner than later and to trust his timing and way and will because he truly is the only One in control :)

Just think of all the fun projects you will do between now and next camping season and the special events in your family coming up and hopefully it will help you get through the cold winter days

betty

Ora said...

Sorry it is time to "shut down" the camper...but it has been a lovely summer...right? I have enjoyed being included each week end via this blog LOL...as I am NOT a camper but enjoy reading about it. and we will have many holidays and family gatherings to get us thru the cold winter months...right??? have a blessed day MA...hugs from Ora in KY

Sybil said...

You are always great MA bu that little poem is just wonderful just wonderful. I must copy it out and perhaps read it at one of our guild meetings. Thank you. I also just adore the idea of the acorn and the pumpkin. To tru ethat our good Lord knows best..
Much Love Sybil xx