It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Chapter 10, Page 15, Book 09


PRAYER FOR THURSDAY

Leading The Way

Lord, inspire us today with the qualities of good leadership. Gives us insight to make wise decisions, integrity to face the truth, courage to make difficult choices and compassion for the needs of others. Make us a model of justice and honor to the world, and let us never forget that our job is to serve, both You and others.

Amen


GOOD MORNING!

I’ve noticed that there have been quite a few prayer requests in bloggerville lately. Not only here online, but many others have needed prayers too. We often do need the support of friends praying together to get us through some rough / tough times.

The little prayer above is from a little booklet that came in the mail. It has a prayer for each day of the week and it’s small enough to fit right in my wallet if I want to take it along with me too.

I am a great believer in prayer. It not only helps the ones being prayed for but it also helps the pray-er. It benefits us all really. Many a time I’ve felt so helpless to come to the aid of another but praying has helped me because it is one thing I can do in any situation.

Every prayer heard and answered is a miracle. It is an. opening of our hearts to the Divine

You can pray to God anytime you choose. Prayer is a conversation, involving both talking and listening. God is everywhere and always hears when you talk to Him. You don't have to be in a special place like church. You can pray when you want to thank Him for what He has done for you, to tell Him how much you love Him, or to ask Him for help with a problem

I pray because it's an essential part of my interior life. Prayer grounds you in awareness of God's presence. I pray because I believe that you've got to live like everything depends on God. Because it does!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

ASAP

Ever wonder about the abbreviation A.S.A.P.?

Generally we think of it in terms of even more hurry and stress in our lives. Maybe if we think of this abbreviation in a different manner, we will begin to find a new way to deal with those rough days along the way.

There's work to do,
deadlines to meet;
You've got no time to spare,
But as you hurry and scurry-

ASAP - ALWAYS SAY A PRAYER

In the midst of family chaos,
Quality time is rare.
Do your best;
Let God to the rest


ASAP – ALWAYS SAY A PRAYER

It may seem like our worries
Are more than you can bare.
Slow down and take a breather-

ASAP - ALWAYS SAY A PRAYER

God knows how stressful life is;
He wants to ease our cares,
And He'll respond

ASAP - ALWAYS SAY A PRAYER


‘On Ya’-ma








7 comments:

Buttercup said...

I'm really going to smile when I see ASAP on a memo at work!

scrappy quilter said...

I agree wholeheartedly. Prayer is an essential part of my life. I can't imagine not being able to pray. I've never seen ASAP quite like that before...how I love it. Hope you have a wonderful day my friend.

Kathy said...

That is so cool. I like it!! ASAP

Ora said...

Hi Ma....and as usual...nothing but good news and a "jolt" to my heart...a jump start you might say...and yes prayer is our way of handling most situations...but I sometimes forget...about me and mine!!! thanks for the reminder...God Bless...hugs from Ora in KY

a corgi said...

I like that ASAP; something to remember! yep, I believe in the power of prayer and that every prayer is answered, we might not like to hear the answer God gives us, but each prayer of ours is answered.....

great entry Ma!!

I have to laugh, I read journals from Dashboard. It seems like I always hit yours around 10 o'clock, between 9:30 and 10; almost like clockwork unless I have a change in my work schedule :)

enjoy the day

betty

Ally Lifewithally said...

I shall always look at ASAP in a different light from now on ~ Ally x

Hollie said...

Prayer is an every day part of my life. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't talk to God!