It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, September 04, 2009

Chapter 9, Page 4, Book 09

Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.

Elizabeth Lawrence


GOOD MORNING !

I’ve been grumbling about the end of summer so I thought I’d give you a list of the things I love about Fall.

20 Little Things I Like About Autumn
Flannel sheets at the end of a long day
Candles Flickering
Smelling cinnamon, oranges & cloves
Pumpkins
Roasts, Potatoes & Carrots
Reading a good book snuggled in soft blankets
Cozy socks
Pie in the oven
Chili and corn bread
Looking from the inside out at the wind blowing through leaves
Glow of lamps through windows
Laughter filling a room
Cider and popcorn
Caramel apples
Family
The trees changing colors.
The blue of the sky in Autumn, and giant white puffy clouds in it..
The scent of mulled cider.
Pumpkin roll and pumpkin bread.
Colorful mums in the garden.
I do hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday weekend. I’ll be off after work today to my ‘little place in the woods’ until Monday evening. As always you all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

‘On Ya’-ma







7 comments:

Hollie said...

I love your list! I love all those things too! Fall is my favorite season! I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend, & I know you will at your little place in the woods!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Could I borrow your list...or just make it my own!!?? Love all those things....i'm off this weekend to buy my Mums to decorate the front porch....yeah!!! I LOVE FALL!!

Enjoy....LindaMay

scrappy quilter said...

Love your list. Hope you have a wonderful long weekend camping. Hugs

a corgi said...

great list of fall favorites! I also think the the first snow of the season, late fall is always exciting :)

enjoy your 3-day weekend :)

betty

Buttercup said...

Your list is great. The changing leaves is at the top of mine, followed by crispy local apples.

Ora said...

Hi Ma...your list of Fall is great...but I am missing my summer already...noticing lately the days are getting shorter...not my cup of tea so to speak...I do enjoy the fall coloring and leaves changing...but not the cold weather that follows...oh well..the fall does give us "football" which we so enjoy watching LOL...hope camping is all you want it to be for you and the family...hugs from Ora in KY

Linda :) said...

I love your kitty and pumpkin tag... I am so ready for some fall decorations... I think Wednesday I will start pulling out the pumpkins around the house... it will still be in the 80's here by Halloween... maybe at Thanksgiving we will see 70, lol... and then poof it will be 42 til February....
Hope you had a great Labor Day weekend at Camp Rainey... :)