It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Chapter 9, Page 29, Book 09


A SMILE TO START THE DAY

ONE LINERS
Incontinence Hotline. . . Can you hold, please?
Lysdexia: a peech imspediment we live to learn with. . .
Circular Definition: see Definition, Circular.
A.A.A.A.A. - An organization for drunks who drive.
Which is the non-smoking lifeboat?
//////__ __ __ __ __ The domino effect at work.
Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
Oh, no! Not ANOTHER learning experience!
The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.
Don't Insult the Alligator till after you cross the river.
We do precision guesswork.
My life has a superb cast, but I can't figure out the plot.


GOOD MORNING !

Due to the SAD disease I’m working really hard on SMILING here and it isn’t even winter yet. Sooooo…I thought I share a few SMILES with you all today. I am looking for things to smile about and trying to improve my attitude too.

In my trivia for today it said:

Today is Make a List of the Top Ten Happiest Days in Your Life Day. Jot down details (while you can still remember). Do it, it'll be fun

Here is my TOP TEN HAPPIEST DAYS

1. I remember with great happiness the day I met my DDH. We went on a blind date to the circus

2. Even greater was my happiness on my wedding day. That is something I’ll never forget. The man I married was everything I’d ever hoped for and more. We had a lovely life together.

3. The day I discovered I was pregnant with my first child. We were married a long time before that and I was beginning to think I would never be able to have one.

4. Happiness #4, 5, 6,7,8, 9 and 10 came with the birth of each of my children.
I was so thrilled to be a Mom. I loved every moment of it all. Course I’m still a mom and a grand’ma of 11 and there are 2 more on the way. One coming in November this year and another in March of next year.

My happiest days all center around my family. I never really had any desire to be anything else but a wife and a mom and my wishes were fulfilled.

Even though I now live alone , I still find many reasons to smile, but the ones of above are my TOP TEN.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY


Today I ...

Poet: Unknown

Today I smiled, and all at once things didn't look so bad.
Today I shared with someone else, a bit of hope I had.
Today I sang a little song, and felt my heart grow light,
And walked a happy little mile, with not a cloud in sight.
Today I worked with what I had and longed for nothing more,
And what had seemed like only weeds, were flowers at my door.
Today I loved a little more and complained a little less,
And in the giving of myself, I forgot my weariness
Smile!


‘On Ya’-ma






9 comments:

Cindi said...

looking at your pics on your side bar, can make anyone smile....have a great day...
say...CHEEEEZZZEEEE....
XOXOXOXO

Hollie said...

Sending you a great big SMILE! What a great list! It's 43 degrees this morning. My cooler temps are finally here!

Angie said...

S.A.D.? From now on it stands for Smile-All-Day and nothing else! Right? I loved this post Ma. It was great fun.

love, Angie, xx

scrappy quilter said...

I love this post and really needed something to make me smile today too. It was a pretty stressful day yesterday and for the next 2 days could get even worse. Thanks for reminding us to smile. Hugs and another great big smile coming your way.

Linda :) said...

I fear S.A.D too... I already feel myself going into hibernation with the shorter daylight... however our temps are still in the 90's, they are promising 80's soon... however the trees still know to change their leaves already.... I met my hubby on a blind date too... and smiling at you saying you weren't sure if you could have children and then look what you did, lol...
Have a wonderful day!
I'm off to work... :)

Linda :) said...

I just checked the weather and it is only going to be 77 today, wow.....
and 70's to 80's all week.... :)

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

congrats on the two on the way. You are blessed for sure.
I do not know how you did it all with all those kids when they were small. Being a mom is the hardest thing I have ever done.

a corgi said...

I liked the one-liners; those were cute especially the one with the cure for insomnia to get more sleep, that is funny especially if you suffer from insomnia like I do at times and sleep eludes you for sure

I loved your list of the top 10 things that make you happy; family is soooo very important, I do agree! what a blessing you have too with your children being relatively close by and the love you guys have sharing times together

sending you a great big smile today and a little chuckle maybe when you hear this; picture a small little lizard that found its way into our house yesterday. Picture me, who absolutely hates anything small and creepy looking like this, trying to figure out a way to get it out of the house. Picture Koda wanting to play with it. Thankfully, I opened the back door and it found its way out; I also said a prayer asking God to help the lizard leave, which he answered, thank you Lord.

hope that put a smile on your face :)

betty

Lori J said...

Dearest Pam,


Your journal always makes me smile...
The time and effort you put into it for our enjoyment.

Yes SAD is quickly coming upon some of us...I just have recognised this in myself...especially after going S. last year for a month.

I am going to make that list..and I to like you will find most revolve around family.

Blessings my friend...

ALBERTA Lori