It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, September 28, 2009

Chapter 9, Page 28, Book 09


Today I can complain because the weather is rainy or
I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free.
Today I can feel sad that I don't have more money or
I can be glad that my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely
and guide me away from waste.
Today I can grumble about my health or
I can rejoice that I am alive.
Today I can lament over all that my parents didn't give me when I was growing up or
I can feel grateful that they allowed me to be born.
Today I can cry because roses have thorns or
I can celebrate that thorns have roses.
Today I can mourn my lack of friends or
I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new relationships.
Today I can whine because I have to go to work or
I can shout for joy because I have a job to do.
Today I can murmur dejectedly because
I have to do housework or
I can feel honored because the Lord has provided shelter for my mind, body and soul.
Today stretches ahead of me, waiting to be shaped.
And here I am, the sculptor who gets to do the shaping.
What today will be like is up to me.
I get to choose what kind of day I will have!
Have a GREAT DAY . . . unless you have other plans.
Author Unknown


This is the day the Lord hath made.
We will rejoice and be glad in it!

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

I know I‘ve used the poem above before and you’ve probably seen it before too. It’s a good one to remind us of the choices we have to make so I’ve stuck it in again today just to remind myself that even though it really is Monday and it is raining, it is still a great day. A great day to do my best and enjoy to the fullest too.


The weekend was a ‘wash out’. Not the entire weekend, but all day Saturday and most of Sunday morning. By afternoon when I got home the sky was clearing a bit and the sun was peaking through.



Thankfully Friday was a nice day and I did get to enjoy my vacation day. We had a great campfire and a beautiful sunset to enjoy too. But Saturday’s campfire I completely ignored because wet and cold do not make a good combination for this gal.

I started Saturday morning off with making an entry here in my blog. I could see haze in the valley across from my campsite. Well that haze moved over and settled right on top of us. It was rain and it rained steadily the rest of the day and into Sunday. I couldn’t use the computer as you have to be out in the open to pick up the wireless internet connection. Unable to do much of anything else, I took a morning nap and an afternoon nap and then went to bed early. I am well rested if nothing else.

Today will be a busy day at work as Mondays are always the day I do payroll. It’ll be raining again too so it’ll be double work to find my SMILE. It’s there hiding someplace and I’ll keep trying to dig it out.

I hope your day is filled with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart !



THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Always do your best.
What you plant now, you will harvest later
Og Mandino

‘On Ya’-ma











6 comments:

Hollie said...

Sorry your weekend was so rainy, but at least you got a lot of rest. It was rainy here also. Have a great day!

Cindi said...

hope you dry out!...sounds like your rested for it!....lol
have a great day!
xoxoxo

BlueRidge Boomer said...

uhhhhh....wasn't Saturday a mess??!! Sunday was great and this coming week is looking pretty good.....Enjoy it..LindaMay

Lori J said...

Dearest Pam,

Your posting is so refreshing and a MUST for the week.

Sending hugs and blessings,

ALBERTA Lori

a corgi said...

that is a gorgeous sunset picture on your blog header Ma! I bet it was just awesome in person

sometimes resting weekends like you have are good too, to catch up on sleep and sometimes just to lay there and daydream and meditate on some things

betty

scrappy quilter said...

I'm sorry the weather was so crummy, however you did get to rest. I know you only have a few more weekends to be at the campsite. I hope and pray the weather turns around and is nice for the remaining weekends. Hugs..