It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Chapter 9, Page 26, Book 09


GOOD MORNING !



I'm having that 2nd cup of good coffee and have come out on the deck of my camper where I'm getting a connection this morning. I was up at 5 my usual time to get up when I go to work and waited til now - almost 8 am to come outside. It was still very dark out til about 1/2 hour ago. We have very over cast skies but no rain for the moment so I wanted to get on line while I could. If it rains I cannot sit out with the computer as I'm afraid it would get a bit too damp.


Sugar at the Sugar Shack blog made the cute little tag above. She's always sharing something nice and as I have very few graphics on this lap top I put this one on yesterday to share with you all.
Yesterday DD and her hubby went hiking in the Mohican State Forest which is near by but I didn't go as I thought the hills would be too steep for me to climb. They did find a lovely path that ran along the river there that was straight and flat so next time they go I will go along. As long as I stay away from the hills I seem to do ok. She took pictures and it was a beautiful spot. When the trees have more color on them I hope to be able to go and take lots of pictures.
After this weekend we'll have just 3 more camping opportunities here...I just can't believe how fast the time has gone. Our campground closes then and doesn't reopen til April when the chances of freezing weather is over. Some places do allow winter camping but not here. Everything gets winterized and antifreeze is pumped through all the water lines so nothing freezes up and breaks.
This evening is a dinner at the club house that is provided by the owner of the campground to thank us all for camping here. He does this every year and provides all the food and drinks free to us. It is one of the nicest places I've ever camped. All very neat and tidy and well taken care of. All the activities are very family oriented and make it alot of fun .
It isn't getting any brighter here at all. The cloud cover must be thick as usually I'll be seeing an indication that the sun is ready to come over the hill top here. Over in the valley I see alot of haze. It's hard to tell sometimes if that is rain or fog. I'm hoping for the later. My little nuthatches are chattering away giving me their order here for breakfast. So I must fill up the bird feeder for them. Right now there is even a red headed wood pecker there looking for some food. I hadn't seen him for awhile but he is back. I love watching them.
Tomorrow is supposed to be a cool but sunny day here. It's always nice to have the sunshine so I'll not complain about how cool it gets. Hopefully I'll be back in the morning with another entry. I just love being connected now on the weekends.
'On Ya'-ma

11 comments:

Buttercup said...

The tag is adorable. We've got sunshine here and I'm enjoying a cantaloupe and strawberry smoothy and savoring not being at work. Wishing you a great weekend.

Linda said...

Our campgroud does winter camping. We have not tried it yet but we have been thinking about it! I will let you know what I think if we decide to do it! Linda

Cindi said...

Oh ...I can feel the fall in the air...thru your blog, not so much here in FL....lol

enjoy your weekend!
xoxoxo

Kathy said...

I agree that the summer flew by this year. I remember my Mother telling me when I was a child that the older you get the fast time goes when I was wishing my birthday would hurry up and get here. I see now she was so right. The years are flying by now so I have to make sure every day counts. Have a good weekend.

Rose said...

Sorry to hear your camping grounds will be closing for the winter as I know how much you enjoy it.

I love Sugar Shack's graphics...I too snag some from her site...she is so talented.

Enjoy your weekend.

Hugs, Rose

Sugar said...

i can imagine how much you enjoy the summers, camping, & with family. :)
winter, snow, & ice will be here before we know it. i can feel it coming. it's just around the corner.
i loved seeing one of my little mousey tags, lol. not many people use tags anymore. it was quiet different in ole j-land.
have a good wkend.
huggies...

Sybil said...

And I love it to Ma when you ar eon at weekends. Hope that the weather cleared up to be a nice sunny day. It has been lovely here Mary and I managed to sit out for a long while this afternon.
Love Sybil xx

scrappy quilter said...

I'm so glad you still have more time to go to the campsite. We've had the warmest Sept. on record which has been incredible. Today it's cooled down a bit and starting tomorrow it's suppose to get much cooler. I don't mind though...gives me lots of time to stay inside and quilt. have a wonderful weekend.

a corgi said...

Sugar does make nice tags; that was a cute one :)

hoping the sun did manage to find its way out and that you were able to enjoy some outside time, Ma

that place your DD/hubby hiked sounds like a very pretty spot; if you have a chance to hike it with them and take pictures, that would be so neat to see

it must be sad to winterize things and to realize the camping season is over for another year

but I think its neat that the owners put on such a nice dinner to thank people for camping there; that is a nice gesture for sure; enjoy it :)

betty

Hollie said...

Your dinner sounds great! That's so nice of the owner to do that! It's been raining most of the day here!

Joyful Days said...

Sounds like a beautiful place to camp. How wonderful to have that!!

Enjoy!

Julie