It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, September 25, 2009

Chapter 9, Page 25, Book 09

WATCHING THE LEAVES FALL!
Good Morning everyone.
I've been slowly catching up on blogs here and have finished my 2nd cup of coffee and am about to head in for another. It is overcast and we are hoping for a little sun today. This whole week has been cloudy and very humid. We got very little rain but enough to make you wish the sun would shine.
The internet connection comes and goes but I'm lucky to get it at all as I'm way up the hill from where the connection is at the camp store.
Sometimes I think I'm online and then suddenly I'm off line again.
The trees are slowly changing and there is not dramatic change from last week, but there are alot more leaves on the ground. The nuts are falling from the trees too as we have acorns and some kind of chestnut or beachnut falling too. I don't think they are the kind we'd enjoy but the squirrels seem to love them. You can hear them hit the campers and we sit under our deck awnings or under the the picnic table umbrella so that we don't get hit with them.
As I look out I can see golden leaves floating down every time there is a little breeze. They look like little beams of sunshine floating in the air. Tomorrow may be another rainy day so today is the one we'll spend mostly out of doors. I don't know exactly what we'll do if it rains all day on Saturday but I'm sure we'll think of something.
My daughter and her hubby came in last evening so they are here with me at the campsite. My oldest son and his family decided not to come at all this weekend as they are having their basement remodeled for a family room and have some painting to do before new carpet is layed on this coming Tuesday.
I've been lazy and have been in my nice fleecy pj's and a poncho (for warmth) this morning. DD and her hubby are sleeping in and I haven't seen them yet. Once they are up we will have a late breakfast and maybe then I'll shower and get dressed. It just feels lovely not to have to rush out the door and go to work. I do love vacation days.
I may check in agan later.
'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

Sugar said...

sounds like you're enjoying your beautiful 'get away'.
have fun.
huggies...

Sybil said...

Oh, Ma it all sounds so lovely at the camp site I just wish I were sitting there with you and the family enjoying the dight of the leaves floating down etc.
Have a wonderful peaceful weekend,
Much Love Sybil xx

a corgi said...

sounds like a wonderful relaxing day :)

I love how you described the nuts falling and the leaves gently cascading to the ground when a breeze came by :)

enjoy!

betty

scrappy quilter said...

It sounds heavenly. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs..

Joyful Days said...

You always make me want to go camping!! Prayers for a wonderful weekend.

Peace,

Julie

Hollie said...

It's sounds wonderful there, I wish I was with you! Enjoy your weekend! I'm sooo glad to hear from you on the weekends now!

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

It sounds wonderful there. Maybe you and your daughter can do some shopping if it rains.
We got showers here today too, it even knocked our power out.

Kathy said...

My big oak tree out front is dropping acorns too. You need a hardhat out there right now. They've been hitting our deck and our roof and bouncing off the railing. It's dangerous out there. I think they should be just about done. I hope you enjoying your weekend and the sun does shine for you.