It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Chapter 9, Page 22, Book 09

The falling leaves drift by the window
The autumn leaves of red and gold
I see your lips, the summer kisses
The sun-burned hands I used to hold
Since you went away the days grow long
And soon I'll hear old winter's song
But I miss you most of all my darling
When autumn leaves start to fall.
Autumn Leaves, Lyrics by Johnny Mercer and Jacques Prévert

HAPPY FALL Y’ALL!

The season of Autumn has officially arrived and no matter whether we like it or not it is here! I’m thinking that there is no turning back the clock ( well except for the hour when we turn them back for Daylight Savings Time ) for any of us so we best make the most of the day as we have it.

There is no since thinking about what might have been or what was. Now, today, is the time we are living in and nothing is going to change that.

To live in the present moment is the best thing we can do for ourselves. To let the past go and do the best with what we’ve got is ideal

There is lots to look forward to and if we let old memories hold us back we’ll only take away from the JOY we could be experiencing today.

I’ll still have those BEACH DAYS. The days that everything is going wrong and my mind takes it’s TRIP TO THE BEACH. We all have to have something good to think about when times are tough. But for the most part I’ll just be taking it one day at a time.


SUMMER TIME IS GONE MY FRIENDS

Summer time is gone my friends

It slowly comes but quickly ends.

It's been replaced by time called Autumn.

Nature changes hues from top to bottom

Green gives way to red and gold.

A lovely vision to behold.

Whirling leaves go blowing by

Carrying smells of pumpkin pie.

The air turns crisp the sky fades grey.

Indian corn and bales of hay.

Overcoats and apple cider.

No more evenings on the glider

The harvest moon so orange and round

Holidays will soon abound.

Chrysanthemum petals start to unfold

A lovely vision to behold.
Author Unknown


‘On Ya’-ma

A fallen leaf is nothing more than a summers wave good bye












5 comments:

Cindi said...

love the idea to see the changing colors at the campsite...sooo neat to expereince fall thru your blog!!!
have a great day
xoxoxo

scrappy quilter said...

Although summer is gone I'm so glad that Autumn is here. I love this time of the year...time to relax, take life easier and doing some major quilting. I hope you have a wonderful autumn, friend.

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

Happy Fall to you my friend. I love your cheery post. I am ready for cooler weather here.

a corgi said...

Happy Fall to you Ma! I hope it is a good one for you and your family :)

betty

Linda said...

I dread the thought of putting the camper away! I can't wait to see the pics of the changing colors at yours. I love the taking a beach day in your head thought! I am going to have to learn to do that! Linda