It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, September 21, 2009

Chapter 9, Page 21, Book 09


The Little gal above with the red stack of checkers on her head is Our Princess - She and her camper friend were playing checkers. She said Look Grandma - It is all about balance!
The leaves fall, the wind blows, and the farm country slowly changes from the summer cottons into its winter wools
Henry Beston, Northern Farm

GOOD MORNING !
Every Sunday when I’m home from my weekend of camping I try to plan ahead and get my clothing all set to wear to work for the coming week. I don’t like waiting until the day of or even the evening before to do so. I’ve also little by little been taking some warmer clothing out and putting away the lightweight summer things.
The closet is a mishmash of summer linens and cottons jammed up against winter wools. The wools have been moving in steadily from their storage bags on chilly mornings One needs all fabrics now, and just about all footgear except snow boots.
Sandals can still go to the office as long as it's not a wool day
I’m ready to switch over but in most cases it’s still too warm here to wear heavy clothing. I do have a few in between items but not many. Our in between days are few and usually we go from warm to cold and then colder. The answer of course is layering which is on ongoing thing for me most of fall and winter.
I saw these tips on line about Autumn dressing so I thought I’d share them
Autumn colors are warm and earthy, either with a touch of gold, or otherwise bright and rich. Warm brown tones are ideal, from clear champagne and gold beige, through warm, full rust to the darkest warm chocolate brown. All gold or warm, reddish brown tones will make you come alive .

Colorful clothing helps to perk up some of the rainy fall days that will be coming our way. Of course with the leaves changing now that makes a great colorful view every day too. But all too soon they’ll fall and we’ll be left with a bare landscape so using color in my wardrobe will be very beneficial to me.

I have what is called SAD. Seasonal Affective Disorder so I do tend to use bright and cheery colors a lot in my wardrobe. I really do think it helps.

The closet may be a mess, the bedding may be in flux -- but this melding of seasons is still a sweet spot, and we savor its honey
Hopefully today will be a bright one – one way or the other.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

So always look for the silver lining
And try to find the sunny side of life

P. G. Wodehouse

‘On Ya’-ma

6 comments:

Cindi said...

I have our home decorated in warm fall colors, red,tan, green, even a light orange on a wall...I guess cuz I live in summer all year long...good luck on your melding...lol
xoxoxo

ps cute pic of the girls...love their balance!!!

scrappy quilter said...

What a cute picture of the girls.

We will starting shortly pulling out the fall and winter clothing. I'm trying to hang on just a wee bit longer because our summer was so short and very cool. Tonight it's going to get close to freezing and then in a couple of days warm up to above normal temps. Soon the flannel sheets will need to be brought out as well. Have a wonderful day.

a corgi said...

Your Princess and her friend are so cute! what a clever idea to balance the checkers on their heads.

Seems like you have some good organizational skills to change out the wardrobe from season to season; it must be hard to pack away the summer things knowing cooler days are ahead.

enjoy your short 4-workday week this week

betty

madcobug said...

Yes we had a really dry summer last year. It still warm enough here that I am still wearing shorts around the house. The air conditioner still kicks on if the sun comes out. It is still raining here right now. Thanks for commenting in my blog. Helen

Sybil said...

It is so lovley to be able to watch your fall colours at the camp I look forward to another couple of weeks...bet you are as well !! That was interesting about the autumn colours for our clothes...Thankfully here we are having an Indian summer so I am still in a dress or light top and jeans...however the winter jumpers are going to have to appear when I go up to Scotland for a few days next week...We have been thankful to have such lovely hot days when we were in Toronto. Thank you so much for looking in on my blog.
Much Love Ma Sybil xxx

Hollie said...

Cute picture of the girls showing off their balance. I know you will need those warmer clothes before we do.