It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Chapter 9, Page 2, Book 09



September morn
Do you remember how we danced that night away
Two lovers playing scenes from some romantic play
September morning still can make me feel this way.
Neil Diamond and Gilbert Becaud

GOOD MORNING !

September is a bitter sweet month for me. I was married in September and my dad’s birthday was in September. I fondly remember him dancing at my wedding reception and they sang Happy Birthday to him at the end of the evening. His birthday was the day after my wedding day. My Dad and my DDH are now smiling down from heaven I’m sure.

The good news is that I do have some other days that I can and will be celebrating this month. DS#1 and his wife celebrate their wedding anniversary and DDIL#4 and our ‘Little Ray of Sunshine’ will have their birthdays this month. The circle of life just keeps on going around for sure.

We also celebrate Labor Day this coming Monday; this is a holiday for those who labor and that about covers everyone as we all have some sort of job to do. This holiday really ends summer here as all the children are back in school and the pools and beaches (at least up north) will be closing. Cooler days and longer nights are here.

On Labor Day, we've got two choices: we can mourn the passing of summer, or keep it alive and kicking with a great outdoor party. Rally your friends and family to the patio to enjoy this official day of rest and to toast the few summer days still ahead. I’ll be at the campsite all weekend so you know I’ll be celebrating with some of my family and friends there.

There is nothing like the last holiday of the summer season, and with a little planning and a lot of sun screen, the summer sun can kiss your skin, before the cool fall air turn leaves to brilliant reds, rusts, gold, and greens, as the season prepares to usher old man winter in

This summer has sped by faster than any I can remember. It seems as we age time does go by with the speed of lightning. I simply love summer and am sad to see it go.


THOUGHT FOR TODAY

To look backward for a while is to refresh the eye, to restore it, and to render it the more fit for its prime function of looking forward.

Margaret Fairless Barber, The Roadmender

‘On Ya’-ma

6 comments:

Sonya said...

So will you still be camping on into the fall? Or is Labor day the end of the season for you? Hope you all have a good time. We are going to have stuffed burgers. Katy has been wanting these. Publix sells them already mixed up and we'll grill 'em at home. We are just going to putter around and get things done at home...eat..play...and strip wall paper. lol

Jeannette said...

September is my birthday month as well, next week. This Friday is B and D's anniversary. December is more the month for bitter sweet for me. Happy Anniversary whatever day it is.

Angie said...

I love the way you extract every last little drop from the summer! A bit like standing the ketchup bottle upside down!

love, Angie, xx

scrappy quilter said...

I love your thought for today. Our summer has gone by in a wink, yet it's okay for me. I love Sept. and the fall. Hope you have a wonderful day.

a corgi said...

we have lots of birthdays (5) in the month of September with our family and its not as big as yours; seems to be a good month for celebrations

I'm glad you'll have an extra camping day this week; a good fitting way to say "good bye" to summer and to enjoy rest from labor

I'd love if you can and want to, to see a picture of your wedding day; I bet it was indeed a very special time and celebrations

betty

Sybil said...

I too have a lot of memories in September mainly it would have been my darling God daughter's 48the birthday..
I hope that you have a lovely labor day on Monday with lots to celebrate and some still sunny days to look forward to..
much love Sybil xx