It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Chapter 9, Page 17, Book 09


Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful for beauty is God's handwriting - a wayside sacrament. Welcome it in every fair face, in every fair sky, in every fair flower, and thank God for it as a cup of blessing

Ralph Waldo Emerson

GOOD MORNING !

Usually there is little to tell about my daily life. I get up go to work and come home again to do a little more work of a different kind. I try to look for the blessings in each day so today I thought I’d tell you about the one that happened this week.

I saw the neighbor next door to where I work running across the parking lot when she was out waiting for the school bus to pick up her daughter. Of course I wanted to know why she was running so I looked out the front office window.

There was a fat old rabbit just as cute as he could be nibbling away. The neighbor called her daughter over and the little girl stood there in awe til her school bus came. Since then I’ve seen him several times. He is always munching away. He’s a good size rabbit and reminds me of a domesticated one rather than a wild one. I wonder if someone in our part of town lost a pet.

Another reason that I think he might be a pet is that he does not run away but just sits contentedly munching away. We don’t have anything really attractive to eat around the office, no lettuce tops or anything just a little grass and a few weeds.

One way or the other this little fellow has provided some wonderful moments for me and for the neighbors. What a blessing he is.

I hope you can find a blessing or two in your day like I did !
They are there for sure!


THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.

Another quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson


‘On Ya’-ma





4 comments:

Angie said...

Amen to Ralph WE's sentiments! If only we always left ourselves open to see it we all have SOMETHING in our lives that is beautiful, every day.

Everyone who reads this post, for example, has found a beautiful thing. Thank you God - and thank YOU Ma!

love, Angie

Cindi said...

as always positive msg...love the fall decor pic!!!
xox

scrappy quilter said...

He is so cute. C has a few pictures of a similar rabbit we seen in a park about 25 mins from us. She was also able to get really close to it without it moving. I wonder if it's still there. We have a few that run around in town every now and then and then they disappear. Hope you have a wonderful day.

a corgi said...

how cute with the bunny! I always enjoy watching them when they are at the park we walk Koda at

it is fun enjoying these "simple" pleasures of life :)

love your new blog header and your fall decorations

betty