It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, September 14, 2009

Chapter 9, Page 14, Book 09


GOLDENROD
All those golden autumn days the sky was full of wings. Wings beating low over the blue water of Silver Lake, wings beating high in the blue air far above it . . . bearing them all away to the green fields in the South
Laura Ingalls Wilder

THE COLOR GOLD

A cousin to yellow (and orange and brown) is gold. While green may be the color of money (U.S. money, that is) gold is the color of riches and extravagance.

The color gold shares many of the attributes of yellow. It is a warm color that can be both bright and cheerful as well as somber and traditional

While all that glitters is not gold the color gold still suggests grandeur, and perhaps on the downside, the excesses of the rich.

Gold is the traditional gift for a Fiftieth Wedding Anniversary while gold-like bronze is for the eighth and copper with its reddish-gold tones is for the seventh.

Bright gold catches the eye while darker subdued shades of gold lend richness and warmth

These words are synonymous with gold or represent various shades of the color gold.

Goldenrod, yellow gold, honey, bronze, copper

The brilliance of colors you see every fall is directly related to the weather conditions that occur before and during the time the chlorophyll in the leaves is decreasing. When the days of fall are bright and cool, and the nights are chilly but not freezing, the brightest colorations usually develop

This is the picnic table at the campsite where I set up my little lap top computer


GOOD MORNING !

As you know I had a rather mixed up 3 day weekend but I did finally get to the camper and enjoyed the day and a half I did have there. The weather was beautiful. None of my children were there but the friends that camp up the hill from me invited me over to their campfire Saturday evening. As they are higher up their view over the hill is even prettier than the one I have. We watched a beautiful sunset. Note the camper that is in the picture with the car is not mine. It sits behind me. The one I visited is further up the hill.

Everything is still pretty green just a bit of color on the leaves here and there


My niece and her hubby and his folks were also camping and I got to visit with them some too…so it wasn’t like I was there alone. I was thrilled that I got an internet connection. The camp Wi-Fi just isn’t very strong at all up on our hill. The single would come and go at will. But better than nothing.

Well it is back to work and a long 5 day week at that. The next vacation day is the 25th and I’m hoping I get to enjoy that one by having a full 3 days at the camper.

Have a great Monday!

Here is the view in back of where I camp - I used my zoom and you can see the farm down the hill side.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Happy we who can bask in this warm September sun, which illumines all creatures, as well when they rest as when they toil, not without a feeling of gratitude; whose life is as blameless, how blameworthy so ever it may be, on the Lord’s Mona-day as on his Suna-day
Henry David Thoreau, 1817-1862

'On Ya' -ma




5 comments:

Hollie said...

I'm glad you got to enjoy some time at the camper. Sorry none of your kiddies were there. Sounds like you made it just fine though.

scrappy quilter said...

I too am glad you got to spend some time at your camper. The picture of your computer is so fun. As to goldenrod...my hubby is allergic to it, so we don't like seeing that plant anywhere. I love the colors of fall though...beautiful.

Ora said...

Hey Ma...well the silver streak is a beauty of a car...and I loved the view from the back of your camper...glad you had a restful time there...it must be beautifu in the woods this time of year...so many changes!!! I know you are glad to have your job..but also know that retirement will be a good thing...and I do believe your positive attitude each day makes for a happy time for those around you!!! God Bless...hugs...Ora in KY

Cindi said...

I just love camping with you...even if its thur my computer...
xoxox

a corgi said...

I like the Silver Streak; looks elegant there at the top of your blog

glad you were able to be up at the camper for 1-1/2 days and got to spend some time with your niece/hubby and your other friends; you'll blink and it will be the 25th and another 3-day weekend for you; seems time goes by so fast these days

betty