It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Chapter 9, Page 10, Book 09


If tomorrow all the things were gone I'd worked for all my life, And I had to start again with just my children and my wife, I'd thank my lucky stars to be living here today, 'Cause the flag still stands for freedom and they can't take that away.
From the lakes of Minnesota to the hills of Tennessee, Across the plains of Texas from sea to shining sea. From Detroit down to Houston and New York to L.A., There's pride in every American heart and it's time we stand and say:
I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free, And I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me, And I gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today, Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God Bless the U.S.A.

GOOD MORNING!

Tomorrow September 11th, we will honor the memory of the lives that were lost on Sept. 11, 2001, and grieve with the families and friends who lost someone they loved in New York City, at the Pentagon, and in Shanksville, Pa. We will never forget those who died. We will always remember the extraordinary efforts of our firefighters, police and emergency responders, and those who sacrificed their own lives on Flight 93 to protect their fellow Americans. And we give thanks for the Americans defending us every day in our communities at home, and in our military abroad

On 9/11, Americans across our great country came together to stand with the families of the victims, to donate blood, to give to charity, and to say a prayer for our country

There were no strangers on that day, just a city of heroes. Leaders rose to the challenge, everyday Americans gave their money, their time, and anything that was asked. People brought food, water, supplies, and encouragement to the rescue workers. Every American participated in the greatest show of solidarity that this land has ever seen. We unified to turn chaos into resolve, but tragedy remained. Let us never forget

Please join me in praying for Peace. Today, tomorrow and the next til Peace is achieved I’ll be praying

Peace begins with me and with you.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY


Four Freedoms
First, is freedom of speech and expression everywhere in the world.

The second is freedom of every person to worship God in his own way, everywhere in the world.

The third is freedom from want, everywhere in the world.

The forth, is freedom from fear, anywhere in the world.

I’ll be gone now through the weekend but if I have a chance and my laptop works at the camper I may pop in with a comment or two. See you all on Monday with an entry.

You’ll all be in my thoughts and prayers as always!

‘On Ya’-ma

8 comments:

Hollie said...

Tragedy definitely unites people. It will be such a sad day....

Kathy said...

I am praying with you and my flag is flying in honor of those who lost their lives on 9/11 and all our service men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice so that we can be free.

scrappy quilter said...

Such a sad time wasn't it and yet it drew people together in such a profound way. Hugs..

Angie said...

United in adversity.........Ma, even for us in England you over the Pond endured the most horrific peacetime atrocity; one of those dreadful occasions when, for years and years to come, people remember exactly what they were doing when it happened. The World wll stand and remember.........

love, Angie, xx

a corgi said...

beautiful entry, Pam

I agree we need to pray for peace; I think though that peace begins with Jesus :)

and until people grasp his love and his sacrifice and commit themselves to him, we will not have true peace until He comes again :)

betty

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

Tomorrow will be a difficult day for all of us. Makes me long for this war to end, so many lives lost and our men and women still overseas.
Take care..

Buttercup said...

Joining with all in prayers. Grateful thanks from New York City for your beautiful post.

Ora said...

thanks for a beautiful blog entry and may your week end be one of joy for all the goodness we have in this land of USA!!! God Bless...hugs Ora in KY