It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Chapter 9, Page 1, Book 09


I don't wanna say goodbye for the summer
Knowing the love we'll miss
Oh let us make a pledge to meet in September
And seal it with a kiss
Guess it's gonna be a cold lonely summer
But I'll fill the emptinessI'll send you all my love every day in a letter
Sealed with a kiss
Bobby Vinton

The Angel of September helps us prepare for the harvest at hand. As the summer draws to a close, September's angel reminds us to pause and gather fresh strength because the culmination of a project often demands one last surge of energy.

The September angel brings us this boost, seeing us through to the fulfillment of our task. This late-summer angel also helps us recognize the fruits of our labors and share with others the bounty of what we have created in our lives.

In September, we take delight in our good fortune, whether in a garden, a relationship, or a career, and we share our joy with all those whose support has made our harvest possible

GOOD MORNING!

September is here and we’ll soon be saying good bye to summer. Just a few very short weeks now and officially it will be gone. I love summer and really hate to say goodbye. I know we’ll have some lovely autumn days ahead, but it will be getting cooler and the days shorter and the nights longer.

Thankfully the time doesn’t change here until November 1st. That will be when we move the clocks back one hour and then it will be dark when I go to work for sure and almost dark when I come home in the evenings.

I really need the sunlight and will miss it’s warm rays. The chill will bring layers of clothing for me and soon I’ll need to think about changing my wardrobe around from summer to fall and winter too. Winter clothing is just about the same as fall only I add an extra layer or two.

We’ll be camping on the weekends yet until the 25th of October and that is when the park closes for the season. That last weekend we’ll be winterizing the campers.

I’ll try to find as many good thoughts about September and Autumn as I can to share with you this month. Lots of people have gardens and share their bounty with others as most have what they need put away by this time. I don’t have a garden, but I’ll find something to share just the same.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Try to remember the kind of September
When life was slow and oh so mellow
Try to remember the kind of September
When grass was green and grain so yellow
Try to remember the kind of September
When you were a young and a callow fellow
Try to remember and if you remember
Then follow--follow, oh-oh.
Try to Remember, Lyrics by Tom Jones and Harvey Schmidt

‘On Ya’-ma






7 comments:

Hollie said...

I know what you mean by the shorter daylight hours. It will be definitley dark for me going in @ 7 & getting off @ 7. I do hate that. That's great that yall still camp until Oct.25th. I bet it will be very cool by then. I'm looking forward to the Halloween thing yall do there....

BlueRidge Boomer said...

I enjoyed my summer...but...i'm ready for Fall...have a great time during the remaining days of your camping season....LindaMay

scrappy quilter said...

I love Sept. With the shorter days, we bring out the candles for our supper. I love watching the leaves change color, love the cooler nights and love going for long walks w/o the mosquitoes attacking.

Enjoy the rest of your camping. Just think, next summer you'll be retired and able to stay there all summer long w/o having to come home for work. Have a wonderful day.

a corgi said...

amazing we are in September already! this year has flown.....

now I got that song stuck in my head, LOL, from the first part of your entry today; haven't heard it in a long time (they sure don't make songs like that any more do they?)

glad you can camp until October 25. That almost gives you 2 more months of it. And then Christmas is literally around the corner, and then before you know it, it will be spring and camping time again :)

looking forward to sharing autumn together with you as you share what you find

betty

Buttercup said...

This is the second night in a row where I got home after dark. I really feel sad as the days grow shorter. Still and all I get my favorite time of autumn and the beautiful leaves. I also think of the song, "September Song," which my father loved and feel a pang.

Angie said...

"Doggone my soul how I love them old songs......."!!!! "Sealed with a Kiss" by Bobby Vinton - did you every hear Brian Hyland's version? And then the September song. I loved them all and still do.

love, Angie, xx

Linda :) said...

I've already noticed on Sunday morning when I go to work before 6am that it is dark now when I leave.... and some of the trees are starting to change their leaves even with our 100 temps....
Have a great week!! :)