It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Chapter 9, Page 8, Book 09


I sit beside the fire and think
of all that I have seen,
of meadow-flowers and butterflies
in summers that have been;
Of yellow leaves and gossamer
in autumns that there were,
with morning mist and silver sun
and wind upon my hair
J. R. R. Tolkien

With the shorter days and longer nights, our bodies want more rest. It’s important to honor this, and not keep that hectic schedule we kept throughout the Summer. The event filled Summer is behind us, and we are in a peaceful lull before the holiday rush starts up

This season is filled with magic and mystery, and when we spend time reflecting on the beauty around us, we are opened to a whole new world of inspiration and love.

It has been said that nature gives us the gift of “being.” The weather is still amazing,
When we spend time alone in nature we discover the voice of God whispering in the depths of our being, which do wonders for nurturing us heart and soul

Bits and Pieces


GOOD MORNING !

Our Labor Day holiday is over and as we know all good things must come to an end. There won’t be another holiday from work til Thanksgiving comes around. But I do still have my weekends and a dwindling few vacation days left.

The fall colors are really starting to show on the trees in the woods. It’s amazing how much things have changed there since last weekend. Fall in moving in fast.

There was talk already of Thanksgiving and Christmas around the Campfire this past weekend. The ‘babes’ want to start making plans and DS#1 has volunteered his house for our family get together at Thanksgiving this year. The days are moving fast enough and thoughts of the holidays ahead were the last thing I was thinking of, but these children of mine keep things moving right along.

The thrill of summer is gone so they want to keep the spirit of celebration alive and so their thoughts have turned to the Holidays coming up.

I just want to savor the nice days we have left and enjoy autumn. My thoughts don’t really get into Thanksgiving and Christmas til Halloween and then I have my Plans in a Pumpking Shell which I’ve shared before and will do so again this year when we get closer to that date.

I hope your Monday is a great one filled with SMILES and a little SUNSHINE to warm your Heart !


THOUGHT FOR TODAY

There's a purpose to life's events, to teach you
how to laugh more or not to cry too hard

‘On Ya’-ma




5 comments:

Hollie said...

I'm like you....I don't even want to think about the holidays yet. I want to sit back & enjoy all the wonderful things about Fall!

scrappy quilter said...

Our Thanksgiving is in Oct., much different than yours. Soon it'll be here before we know it. Already halloween stuff is in the stores and most of the winter clothes as well. I wish they didn't rush the seasons so fast. I'm sure within the next couple weeks there will be Christmas stuff out. They've been putting it out earlier and earlier each year. Hope you have a wonderful week.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

I'm ready for fall....was digging thru the decoration storage boxes this weekend.....change is in the air and cabin!!

Enjoy....LindaMay

Ora said...

Hi Ma...and Monday's labor day was just fine around here...and happy to hear you had a great week end...and it is wonderful to have kids who want...really want to be together so much...many families cannot say that..so our blessing just multiply right??? it is raining here just now....a nice steady downpour...happy day to ya...Ora in KY

a corgi said...

bet the trees are beautiful as they begin their fall changing

I'm with you, Pam; lets enjoy a few more fall days before we think of the approaching holidays, but I also think its neat the "young ones" are starting to plan for them too; especially in these times, its good to watch for sales, etc

betty