It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Chapter 8, Page 5, Book 09



Don't ever be reluctant
to show your feelings when
you're happy, give in to it.
When you're not, live with it.
Don't ever be afraid to
try to make things better you might
be surprised at the results.
Don't ever take the weight
of theworld on your shoulders.
Don't ever feel threatened by the future,
take life one day at a time.
Don't ever feel guilty about the past
what's done is done.
Learn from any mistakes
you might have made.
Don't ever feel that you are alone
there is always somebody there
for you to reach out to.
Don't ever forget that you can achieve
so many of the things you can imagine....
It's not as hard as it seems.
Don't ever stop loving
don't ever stop believing,
don't ever stop dreaming your dreams.
Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

What is one of life's greatest secrets? Take it one day at a time. We need to have enough flexibility to contend with the problems of life one day at a time. That philosophy of being able to take one day at a time often depends on the various kinds of attitudes a person develops in coping with the same problems of life. If you lack flexibility, life will be more difficult than it should be

All we have is today. God gives each one of us 24 hours a day; 1440 minutes. How we use those minutes, how we fail to use them is our choice. In the Lord's prayer he tells us to ask for our daily bread. In other words, enough grace, enough strength to take care of the problems of today. In other words, taking one day at a time

Here is a little prayer that I read many years ago. While I have repeated it many times, I have probably not repeated it often enough. The author is unknown and perhaps you would like to begin your day with this prayer

This is the beginning of a new day. Lord, you have given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. What I do today is important, because I'm exchanging a day of my life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, leaving in its place whatever I have traded for it. I want it to be gain, not loss; good, not evil; success, not failure; in order that I shall never regret the price I paid for it.

We are building our lives one day ... one effort ... one dream at a time.

‘On Ya’-ma


5 comments:

Jeannette said...

Lovely posting as always, my friend

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

great post and very true..somedays we just have to keep going an doing best as we can.

Linda :) said...

Today is a good day! It's my day off!
Have a good day too!!! :)

scrappy quilter said...

Great post and so true. I love living in the moment...something that was hard for me to do years ago. Now it's become so much easier. Hugs..

a corgi said...

I like that Scripture that says don't worry about tomorrow because tomorrow will come with enough trouble of its own (loosely paraphrased); so true to live for today and not worry about tomorrow or the future! great advice as always, Ma!

betty