It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Chapter 8, Page 4, Book 09


The difference between try and triumph is a little umph.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

You can give a little umph to your home décor and you can give a little umph to your menu. Little changes can make a big difference. So why not give yourself a little umph too!

The old saying dust yourself off and try it again is one of my favorites. If at first I don’t succeed, I try another way ….nothing worth doing is easy is another favorite of mine. It seems as if it is something is worth having, it is also worth waiting for or working for as the case may be.

As parents we encouraged our children and sometimes would push them to do things they were afraid to try. We’d always give them a gentle and encouraging response like You have to try!

But as an adult I rarely get any encouragement. It just often seems it’s all up to me. I guess that is why I try to be so optimistic. I get a lot of encouragement through my faith and would be lost without it. When I am down, nothing can lift me up as much as reading that God’s mercies are new every morning.

Authors of books like Helen Steiner Rice and Max Lucado are very inspirational too. I read a lot and I pray a lot. Together such things keep me going. If you think you’re too old or too tired to keep on going, try them sometime. Norman Vincent Peale is another favorite. His thoughts on positive thinking are renowned.

When it comes down to it, all it takes is a little extra added umph to keep you going day by day. My life with all its ups and downs is a treasured gift to make the most of and so is yours. Don’t ever give up…keep on trying to add the umphs to your life!



THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday

Author Unknown



'On Ya'-ma

11 comments:

LYN said...

LOVED THIS POST...JUST THE OOMPH I NEEDED!!

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

I love your post MA!! And the thought for the day too!! Thank you for beginning my day is a positive way!! Blessings~Sharon

Hollie said...

Just the umph I needed to get my day started! Thanks!

Hollie said...

Just the umph I needed to get my day started! Thanks!

Hollie said...

Just the umph I needed to get my day started! Thanks!

scrappy quilter said...

You always have so much wisdom to share. I loved this post too. Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday.

Jeannette said...

Thank you, posted just at the right time. With all that is going on in our family I needed that.

Kathy said...

Great inspiriation for us all. I enjoy the pictures on your side bar.

Ora said...

Just the "jump start" my heart and mind needed today...thanks a bunch...hugs to ya...Ora

a corgi said...

that you Ma for such a great post! I'm going to remember "umph" and with triumph; amazingly I hadn't put that together before

you are so right, as we grow older out of childhood, the encouragement does usually stop from others. Its good to remember to try to encourage others, even with just a kind word or action; thanks for the reminder!

I do appreciate all the time you put into your entries and all the poems, pictures, stories you share; they are all inspiring and thought provoking in some way

enjoy the day and thanks for your hard efforts!

betty

Linda :) said...

I'm off to work with all my umphs, lol... and I need them this week as I am working til 7pm, VIP's in the area and they should be in our store today or tomorrow... hopefully tomorrow as it is my day off... :)
Have a great day!!