It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, August 03, 2009

Chapter 8, Page 3, Book 2009

The angel of August is the angel of perseverance.
The new directions we began in the spring may have become difficult to sustain. Like a garden that needs constant watering and weeding in the scorching August sun, our projects and dreams require stamina and determination to bring them to fruition. The angel of August helps us with unflagging energy to tend the garden we have planted.
When the hot summer sun and the work of our lives demand too much of us, the August angel brings us the fortitude to cleave to our tasks through completion.
When the world says, "Give up,"Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

Author Unknown
GOOD MORNING !

It is truly hard to believe August is here already. This month I’m going to have some quotes, stories and poems for you about perseverance, stamina and determination.

Those 3 words sound like a lot of hard work to me, but they do eventually we do reap some blessings in the end. I am one person that can tell you about persevering and what it is like to maintain the stamina to get a job done. Determination has been my middle name for as long as I can remember. I’ve always set goals for my self. A long list of things to do is constantly at my left hand. The right hand tries to ignore the list occasionally but I do persist.

You can't go through life quitting everything. If you're going to achieve anything, you've got to stick with something.
From the television show Family Matters

I’ve seen a lot of people give up and quit. Sometimes they think the grass will be greener on the other side of the fence. Believe me it’s not. The other side of the fence has it’s own set of problems.

It is Monday and here I am once more getting ready to start another work day. The weekend rest was wonderful and I’m hoping I got enough of that wonderful R & R to get me through another week.


THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there
Josh Billings

‘On Ya’-ma


7 comments:

Sugar said...

a lovely post, as usual.
have a wonderful week.
huggies...

Hollie said...

I'm looking forward to your quotes, poems & stories. I always get so much out of your entries!

Linda :) said...

Have a wonderful week!! :)

scrappy quilter said...

I too am looking forward to your quotes and poems. You always share such wisdom and encouragement. Hope you are having a wonderful Monday.

a corgi said...

I "ditto" what Hollie said in her comment; I too am looking forward to reading what you found about perseverance, stamina, etc. It is a good month to feature these too with summer winding down, kids going back to school, winter approaching, etc

betty

Ally Lifewithally said...

I always find delight in reading your entries ~ Like everyone else I am looking forward to reading your quotes and poems ~ August is such a lovely month ~ Ally x

Ora said...

Hi Ma...like you here it is the third day of August...and I am wondering where the first two went...oh well I will persevere and make the whole month a good one..and with the help of your blog I am sure to succeed...have a great week...happy day...hugs from Ora in KY