It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Chapter 8, Page 27, Book 09

Begin at the beginning, the King said gravely,
and go till you come to the end; then stop.

Lewis Carroll (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)

HOW TO BE ORGANIZED

THINGS NEEDED:

A GARBAGE BAG

TIME

GOOD MORNING!

I was thinking that to be ORGANIZED would certainly help me get my jobs done. So I started my internet search and found everyone pretty much saying the same things. You have to get rid of clutter and throw stuff out.

That was not what I was looking for. I was looking for something to help get a job done. Like when you bake a cake…you get out your bowl, your cake pan and all the ingredients you will need first. I guess anything in life needs some organization…if you have a baby you need all the baby stuff—a crib, diapers, clothing, blankets, child seat, high chair…the list goes one.

So in searching I guess I found what I already knew. In order to get a job done you have to have the right tools handy to get that job done.

Cleaning tools, painting tools, sewing tools etc.

As I look back over the past week, I can count on one hand the number of activities that were done in a planned and organized way. In the sea of busyness and to-do lists that fill each week. I realized, I did do some things this week that were more than just reacting to the environment around me.

I like having what I need to complete a task and sometimes, what I need is lots and lots of prayer. When nothing else works, it seems that does it.

If I lack part of my gear then the job just isn’t going to be done right. I guess that is where list making comes in. I’ve always got to have a list. My mind just doesn’t keep it all neat and tidy anymore.

Don’t let good ideas slip into oblivion; write them down for eventual revisiting

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up
A.A. Milne


‘On Ya’-ma



5 comments:

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Absolutely!! Good luck with organizing! Closets and drawers are my nemisis... I'll be praying for you MA!
Blessings, Sharon

Hollie said...

I need a self help organization book or better yet someone to do it for me. Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. My closets & drawers are the worst....

Have a great day & weekend!

scrappy quilter said...

Oh so true. Hope your day is wonderful my friend. Love your new heading picture...amazing.

Cindi said...

Moving across country allow us the ability to remove alot from our closets & minimize....not that I recommend that for alot of folks...good luck on your organization...

a corgi said...

since we move every couple years or so, I tend not to have a lot of clutter, but I found its easy to de-clutter and organize if you don't get too attached to items, especially if you haven't used them in a few years and they don't have any sentimental value to them. So just resolve to take a bit of a time daily and work on this section or that section and before long it will be nicely organized!

betty