It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, August 24, 2009

Chapter 8, Page 24, Book 09

Sand Castle courtesy of our Princess and her friend
A strong woman works out every day to keep her body in shape…but a woman of strength kneels in prayer to keep her soul in shape…
A strong woman isn’t afraid of anything…but a woman of strength shows courage in the midst of her fear…
A strong woman won’t let anyone get the best of her…but a woman of strength gives the best of herself to everyone…
A strong woman walks sure-footedly…but a woman of strength knows God will catch her when she falls…
A strong woman makes mistakes and avoids the same in the future...but a woman of strength realizes life's mistakes can also be unexpected blessings and capitalizes on them.
A strong woman wears the look of confidence on her face…but a woman of strength wears grace…
A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey…but a woman of strength has faith that it is in the journey that she will become strong…
Here's to all of us and OUR journey...

In an interesting experiment a band of steel was secured around a young squash. As the squash grew, it exerted pressure on the steel band. Researchers wanted to know just how strong a squash could be, sothey measured the force it brought to bear on its constraints. They initiallyestimated that it might be able to exert as much as 500 pounds of pressure.
In one month, the squash was pressing 500 pounds. In two months it was applying1,500 pounds and, when it reached 2,000 pounds, researchers had to strengthenthe steel band. The squash eventually brought 5,000 pounds of pressure to bear on the band — when the rind split open.
They opened it up and found it to be inedible, as it was filled with tough,course fibers that had grown to push against its constraints. The plant requiredgreat amounts of nutrients to gain the strength needed to break its bonds, andits roots extended great distances in all directions. This amazing squash hadsingle-handedly taken over the garden space.
We have no idea just how strong we really can be! If a squash can exert thatmuch physical pressure, how much more strength can human beings apply to asituation?

Good Morning !

If I had a dime for every time someone told me I was a strong woman, I’d probably rich. One time after my DDH died I was told by some one that I’d be fine because I was such a strong person…well I’m not at all but I am a woman of strength for sure.

I do try to keep my soul in shape. Heaven only knows I’m on my knees enough. Prayer is a part of every day for me. I don’t do a lot of long ones, but I do do a lot of short ones. The favorite being --Thank you God!

Hopefully my journey will make me strong. Strong in my faith and love of the Lord.
Pressure is something we all dread. Pressure does crazy things to me and I hate to see it coming. But we all know that it is pressure that turns coal into diamonds. Can you just see me shinning now? I’m really a diamond in the rough without any sparkle at all but someday maybe I’ll shine.

I’m under pressure this morning…It’s Monday and there will be a desk full of work waiting for me and payroll to do so

I owe, I owe,
It’s off to work I go…

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong she is until
she gets into hot water
Eleanor Roosevelt

‘On Ya’-ma

9 comments:

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

God Bless you today MA, as you are off to work. I will be praying for you today! Sharon

Sonya said...

Yes I know what you mean about "pressure"...hoping I can turn into a diamond. he he.

Jeannette said...

I like to think I am a woman of strength also. Hope your working day goes well.

scrappy quilter said...

Like you, my faith is what makes me strong. Hope your day goes well. Hugs..

scrappy quilter said...

Like you, my faith is what makes me strong. Hope your day goes well. Hugs..

Kathy said...

Great story about the squash. I think you are a very strong woman and you are also very blessed with a lovely family.

a corgi said...

loved the story about the squash and the comparison between a strong woman and a woman of strength

I think you try to live like it says in Philippians, Ma "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

you are a a living testimony for sure!!

hope everything comes together quickly at work and it is a smooth one

betty

Hollie said...

You will always be a diamond to me!

Joyful Days said...

Your strength shines across the internet! I've certainly been blessed stopping in to visit here and at your other blog. Thank you for the two thoughts on strength. Those are good to remember.

Prayers for a beautiful & blessed week.

Julie