It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Chapter 8, Page 20, Book 09


Success is speaking
Words of praise
In cheering other people's ways,
In doing just the best you can
With every task and every plan.
It's silence when your
Speech would hurt,
Politeness when your
Neighbour's curt.
It's deafness when the
Scandal flows,
And sympathy with
Others' woes.
It's loyalty when duty calls.
It's courage when disaster falls.
It's found in laughter
And in song
It's in the silent time of prayer
In happiness and in despair.
In all of life and nothing less
We find the thing
We call success

Author Unknown


Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other thing
Abraham Lincoln

GOOD MORNING!

I’ve about had it with this week…it’s been a long hard one for me. High temps and tropical like humidity tend to make me more tired than I really am. I know that I’m ready for the weekend and that starts after work today. We are supposed to get some rain, but that’s ok I’m off to the campsite right after work today.

This is my retreat and I need it badly. The weather is supposed to clear out and have some nice weather for us so that is a good thing.

Success is always a matter of accomplishing what you want and for me that little poem above says a lot. I do like to cheer people, it makes me happy to see others happy. It could mean a lot of other things to other folks.

Working for the little things in life that help to cheer us on our way is not a bad thing at all either but we always need to consider others in our lives too. What I do always seems to depend on others where ever I am. At work or play. The only place where I really have it on my own with no one else is at home.

You’ll all be in my thoughts and prayers as always and I’ll be back on Monday with another entry. After having a few quiet weekends by myself at the camper I think some of my family will be camping too so hopefully I’ll also have some new pictures for you all.


THOUGHT FOR TODAY

God gave us two ends. One to sit on and one to think with. Success depends on which one you use; head you win--tails, you lose

Anonymous

‘On Ya’-ma





6 comments:

Rose said...

Enjoy your weekend Sweetie! I think you will be looking forward to retirement!

Stay well my friend.

Hugs, Rose

Donna said...

I hope your weekend in the camper gets you rested and relaxed and ready to conquer the world!

Kathy said...

Sounds like you need to have a refreshing weekend at your camper to regroup. I hope you enjoy it and hopefully your family will be there to give you hugs. If not enjoy the solitude and catch up on reading and such. Have a great weekend.

a corgi said...

(((Ma))) take care of yourself; the heat/humidity is tiring and wearing....

enjoy your restful, relaxful weekend! I know that will help restore you and refresh you for the new coming week

betty

Sybil said...

Thanks for that thought for the day !!! love it.
Have a really lovely weekend Ma I don't need to say relax and enjoy every minute do I !!!
Much Love sybil xx

Hollie said...

The heat & humidity is really starting to get to me too. I'm so ready for Fall. I'm so tired of being hot!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend at the campsite.