It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, August 14, 2009

Chapter 8, Page 14, Book 09


Avoid Wasting Time
Think about the task before starting it.
Try not to handle too many things at once.
Do not begin a new project before completing the first one.
Finish a project; don’t leave it hanging.
Try not to double up on needless paperwork; keep it simple.
Do not try to do everything yourself; delegate.
Try to focus on the task at hand; avoid interruptions.
When someone is speaking to you; listen fully without thinking of other matters. In this way nothing will have to be repeated.
When running errands, call ahead to ensure your items are ready, if applicable.
Schedule appointments either in the early morning or after lunch to avoid waiting.
Ensure your home is clutter free; spending time looking for something is wasteful.
Put your clothes out at night for the next morning.

Ensure your car has plenty of gas at all times.



…remember that every moment, every situation, provides a new choice. And in doing so, it gives you a perfect opportunity to do things differently

Stephen Covey

GOOD MORNING !

What constitutes a "waste of time" is highly subjective. What is a waste for me might not be for you but we all need a certain amount of TIME MANAGEMENT or our days slip away before we know it. TIME SAVERS are something we all look for. My DAY PLANNER is always in my purse which goes with me everywhere.
If you enjoy what you are doing it is NEVER a waste of time.
There are some things that happen that waste our time and there is not much we can do about it but grin and bear it. These things are beyond our ability to change so we try to make the most of a bad situation.
If we know the difference between what is useful and what is distracting then we can learn from the wasteful moments and move on.
I hope you enjoy the pictures I put in my blog today. The header is my ‘babes’ and from the looks of them I’d say this picture was taken about 1981 or 82 as DS#6 the youngest looks to be almost 2.
On the side bar is my family at Christmas the year or so before my hubby passed away. It is one of the few I have of us all together. As all of them have gotten older it gets harder and harder. If you scroll way down on the side bar you’ll see them and their families at our family reunion last year.
I’m going to the camper as usual this weekend and I’m going to waste some time by doing a whole lot of nothing. I need the nothing moments to re-coop from the work week and so hopefully I’ll be a better person.
I’ll have my planner with me and will probably write in the things that I need to do in the week ahead. This is what I call TIME MANAGEMENT at its utmost.
As ever, you all will be in my thoughts and prayers!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY
Life offers two great gifts--time, and the ability to choose how we spend it. Planning is a process of choosing among those many options. If we do not choose to plan, then we choose to have others plan for us
Richard I. Winword

‘On Ya’-ma



6 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

This is ma...for some reason my Friday post didn't show early in the morning or even by noon, but I did make one for you all. See you on Monday!

scrappy quilter said...

I firmly believe we all need the "nothing moments" throughout our lives. Without them, the stress piles up higher and higher. Enjoy your nothing moments this weekend.

Another wonderful post.

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

What beautiful children you have.
You are very blessed.

a corgi said...

I love the picture of your kids when they were younger, on your blog header, and I love the picture of your whole family from Christmas, 1989. So precious! even with everything you have gone through, Ma, and all the tragedies in your family,you are incredibly blessed and remain with a very upbeat attitude; thank you for being such a great testimony to God :)

I think the most time I 'waste' is on the computer checking out and reading blogs, but in a way, its not wasted time because I have such a great network of friends:) and everything is getting done in my life, so its not like I'm not doing that to do this (being online)

I hope you have a great weekend@

betty

Sybil said...

I love your new photograph at top Ma. Thanks for sharing also the whole family way back ...we really are blessed to have close family that we can see fairly often. Have a truly blessed weekend, recharge the batteries for next week !!
Much Love Sybil xx

Jeannette said...

You have a wonderful and beautiful family. Did I waste my time today? Well, I had jobs planned in the garden, jobs planned in the house. I ended up making a video for my blog and due to problems, it took me seven hours to get it all sorted and done. Do I consider it time wasted, no, I was happy to do it but I feel a bit guilty about not doing the other things.