It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Chapter 8, Page 13, Book 09




Climb till your dream comes true
often your tasks will be many,
and more than you think you can do. . .
Often the road will be rugged
and the hills insurmountable, too. . .
But always remember, the hills ahead
Are never as steep as they seem
And with FAITH in your heart start upward
And climb 'till you reach your dream,
For nothing in life that is worthy
Is ever too hard to achieve
If you have the courage to try it
And you have the FAITH to believe…
For FAITH is a force that is greater
Than knowledge or power or skill
And many defeats turn to triumph
If you trust in GOD’S wisdom and will
For Faith is a mover of mountains,
There's nothing that God cannot do,
So start out today with Faith in your heart
And CLIMB TILL YOUR DREAM COMES TRUE!
Helen Steiner Rice


GOOD MORNING !

Faith is a mover and a shaker. If you believe and have faith just about anything is possible. It has helped me over some really rough times and brought me through trials I never dreamed I’d have to face. If I could pass on anything in the world to my dear family and my sweet friends it would be just that. Keep the faith!

I’m not afraid to acknowledge that I know where my help and strength for the day, and my energy comes from. Things do not always go my way and my journey in life is not without potholes, but I know that with the good Lord’s help I’ll get through what ever life sends my way.

I’ve been talking about perseverance and stamina so far this month. I’ve tried to post poems and quotes to help us find ways to accomplish our tasks…to find extra strength to finish things we’ve started. More than anything else my faith is what does it for me so I had to include it in my list of things that can give us that extra UMPH! When nothing else can.

Everybody has faith. We had faith this morning when we ate our cereal – faith that someone didn’t put poison in our oats! We had faith when we sat down in our computer chairs. We had the faith that it wouldn’t collapse

Most of us don’t need to move mountains. We simply need enough faith to trust that God will take care of everything. If a mountain needs moving, God will move it. When our hearts break, we can trust that God will mend it. When a million things we can’t seem to do anything about happen, we can trust that God will take care of them. That is the faith we need.



THOUGHT FOR TODAY!

Faith can move mountains, but don't be surprised if God hands you a shovel

Author Unknown


‘On Ya’-ma



8 comments:

Rose said...

I'm keepin the faith and trying to spread some around.......

Enjoy your day.

Hugs, Rose

Hollie said...

The entry I needed as today is 2 years since I lost my precious father-in-law to Small Cell Lung Cancer. Faith is what has gotten me through.

Thanks for this entry!

scrappy quilter said...

AMEN and AMEN. I can't imagine going through life without a strong faith. It's what has gotten us through many trials in our life and will continue to get us through each day as they come.

Great post!! Have a wonderful day.

a corgi said...

amen to God being there, in control, showing us the way; meeting our needs; we just need to continue to have faith in Him that he knows what is best! great thoughts about faith, Ma! we do need to be reminded of God and trusting in him and faith, otherwise I think we do tend to get bogged down with life's troubles

enjoy the day :)

betty

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

I am trying to keep the faith. Somedays it is easier than others.
Everything has a way of working out it seems.

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

I am trying to keep the faith. Somedays it is easier than others.
Everything has a way of working out it seems.

It's Just Katie! said...

I have sooo missed your words of wisdom and kindness. I've returned now and hope I learn something new. Thanks for sharing.
Take care as always,
Katie

JOHN said...

Faith is the substance of things not seen.My Faith in God has gotton me hru many hard times.The loss of three Sisters and my parents in the last nine years.But God has been with me thru it all.God Bless you
JOHN