It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Chapter 8, Page 12, Book 09

The word effective is defined as:
To be productive, efficient, to have the
desired effect or to be successful


The best way to achieve a goal is to have one in the first place.

Good Morning!

I think my goal in life is to inspire people to be more, try more, and live a truly exhilarating life. We are all blessed with the ability to program ourselves to believe and act in positive ways. For example when I catch myself thinking things that don't feel good, I choose to drop that thought and change my thoughts to positive and helpful ways of thinking.

Attention to life's fragility can help us to focus on what's important. There is only so much time to climb that beautiful mountain, or swim in that pristine ocean, or appreciate the sound of that bird calling to its mate. More significantly, our time with those whom we love is limited. I have lost loved ones so I know all about how suddenly they are gone.Why waste the time with the nonessentials: family feuds that last for years, grudges that are held, opportunities at loving never taken?

We only go around once.
This is not a dress rehearsal
Carpe diem.
Smell the roses
Go for all the gusto.
You will not pass this way again

These are all reasons to celebrate each day, each moment of your life !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is NEVER putting it in a fruit salad.

‘On Ya’-ma



6 comments:

Hollie said...

I loved your thought for the day:) You definitely inspire others with all the wonderful things you put in your entries & thanks for that. Have a wonderful day!

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Wonderful Post MA! A great reminder of what is important in life. Thank you!!
BLessings~Sharon

Jeannette said...

Lol at the tomato, very true!

Sugar said...

as always, true words!
huggies...

Sybil said...

Loved the tomato...so so true Ma,
been a dull day here with drizzly rain but still quite warm.
Mich Love Sybilx

a corgi said...

I like the tomato knowledge and wisdom; that was great (put a smile on my face too). Yep, life is too short to have grudges or to be bitter about someone or thing or to harbor resentment year after year after year. Yet so many do that; sad, isn't it? I am glad you have made it your goal to inspire others; I do enjoy all of your entries with things to think about and all the pretty graphics you put up as well as inspirational stories, poems, etc; thanks Ma!

betty