It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Chapter 8, Page 11, Book 09



Always leave enough time in your life to do something that makes you happy, satisfied, or even joyous. That has more of an effect on economic well-being than any other single factor.
Paul Hawken

GOOD MORNING !

Giving yourself a reward no matter how small it may be makes any work you do much easier. My reward has been camping for a couple of years now. Some may go shopping (I love to do that too) some take vacations, some take a nap and some may just have a nice sweet piece of chocolate. I don’t think it makes any difference how we reward ourselves as long as it is something we truly like.

All work and no play makes the work much harder and it often gets to the point that we just don’t do it as well either. I have rarely heard a word of praise for all the work I do. Praise is a pick me upper but when there isn’t anyone doing that then I think it is up to us to make what we do worth while.

I do try to pamper myself so that I’ll have reasons to go off to work each day. I no longer need to support a family and that leaves me free to spoil myself a little more.

What ever you’re doing today make sure you take some time out just for you!!!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

It is not how busy you are, but why you are busy - the bee is praised,
the mosquito is swatted.
Author Unknown

‘On Ya’-ma



6 comments:

Cindi ;) said...

I spoil myself rotten, choc, vacation, napping, relaxing at the pool...all of it & more if I can get away with it...LOL
xoxoxo

scrappy quilter said...

Oh how I agree with this. It's one of the reasons I so enjoy quilting...it's my pamper me time. It's one reason I love quilting stores...it's to pamper me even though I give my quilts away. We need to take care of ourselves...and one of those ways is to pamper ourselves.

Great post. Hope your day is going well.

a corgi said...

wise advice, Ma! I always tell moms of young children or people who are under stress, if they can they need to do something special for themselves at least once a week, even if it is just going to the mall and window shopping or getting a coffee and watching people, etc. But we do need those little rewards to clear our minds and give us those few moments of enjoyment.

hoping your day is a good one

betty

Sybil said...

So true Ma,
It dosn't take much to give ourselves a wee treat. Mine today was to take a longer road home that goes through a long tree lined road where the sunshine was just shining through. It was such a peaceful few mins. out of a long day. But ever so uplifting.
Thanks for popping by,
Much Love Sybil xx

Hollie said...

You go ahead & spoil yourself rotten! You definitely deserve it!

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

God wants us to be good to ourselves and be happy.
I too do things to help me cope, like buy a cold drink or a book or go see a good movie.
Life is short, we must treasure the days and the good times.