It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, August 10, 2009

Chapter 8, Page 10, Book 09

I learned there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some from behind


Dr. Seuss

GOOD MORNING !

No, I really am not experiencing any troubles today. But it is Monday and it is always a hectic day for me. I feel like the weather hot one minute and cold the next…I spent a relaxing weekend and today will be filled with lots of hard work. It’s sometimes difficult for me to make the transition.

A few cups of good coffee will help and the work on my desk this morning will bring me back to reality. The reality of life where I work for a living and am not a lady of leisure.

We finally had a true August Day on Sunday with hot and humid weather and today will be about the same. Of course I work in air conditioning so that will not be an issue. I remember the days when all we had was a fan to blow the air around, so I will count my blessings for sure.

I hope you all had a good weekend filled with lots of that wonderful R & R. and are ready for a new day and a new week.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

About the time we can make the ends meet, somebody moves the ends.

Herbert Hoover

‘On Ya’-ma



8 comments:

Jeannette said...

Do not work too hard and stay cool. We have had it very hot here for several days and the humidity was awful but it has cooled down a little. Hope you get time to read my lastest posting. Always so grea to hear from you

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Ohhhhhh...i know how you feel.....it was tough going back this AM!!!

Enjoy........LindaMay

Cindi ;) said...

Have a good day...love the lil bear offering coffee...cute
xoxoxo

Angie said...

Over here air con just means you leave the windows open. If that's not enough you can leave the doors open too. If that doesn't work - enjoy it, it's gonna rain tomorrow!

scrappy quilter said...

It's warming up here too. First time all year. Hope you have a wonderful Monday and an even better week. Hugs..

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

Thank goodness for ac. I would surely die. It is going to be 100 here today. One can't breathe outdoors it is so hot.
Don't work too hard and hope the day goes by quick for you.

a corgi said...

it is hard to get back into the swing of things after a weekend; especially if the weekend was a nice one; take care of yourself in the hot weather and the high humidity; as you know, drink plenty of fluid and don't overexert

betty

Joann said...

We ARE having some STRANGE weather for August!! It's been so nice the last few days... I took Friday off to enjoy the cooler weather!! I don't ever remember it being almost cold at night in August... I slept with blankets on for a few nights in a row... TODAY was warm again, but I really enjoyed the last few days!!