It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Chapter 7, Page 9, Book 09



We older women who know we aren't heroines can offer our younger sisters, at the very least, an honest report of what we have learned and how we have grown

Elizabeth Janeway

GOOD MORNING !

I still, on occasion, do some unwise things. I know that it requires making an effort to reach out, grab the opportunities and get the most out of them that we possibly can. Age can bring wisdom if we really work for it. Every day changes do occur and every day it seems I learn something new too.

We cannot remain stagnant in this world of ours. And if we are learning new things all the time it stands to reason that we’ll also find that the way we used to do things isn’t always the best way either.

Still somethings that I’ve learned over the years are things that just are…and will not change. I’ve found that putting your trust in God sure beats worrying your way through a lot of sleepless nights.

I’ve learned that prayers do work and that miracles do happen.

I’ve learned that with God all things are really possible.

Some things just don’t change at all.

I’ll be off to the camper after work so I’m wishing you all a great weekend and as always you will be in my thoughts and in my prayers.


THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age. But only if the grapes were good in the first place

‘On Ya’-ma





12 comments:

Cindi ;) said...

Enjoy your weekend!!! Do you have any craft projects planned???

Linda :) said...

I know you'll have a wonderful weekend!! :)
if we can convince the boys maybe we'll have a hike and picnic at Yosemite or Kings Canyon on Saturday...

Ora said...

Hey Ma...you have a great week end of camping and relaxing...in peace this time...see you when I get back from Florida...where it will be nice...and I will relax...but peaceful...no way...too many people around LOLOL...but then I enjoy that...to a limit that is!!! happy day...hugs...Ora

Angie said...

Have a great time and come back refreshed in every way.

love, Angie, xx

scrappy quilter said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Sure hope the noisy campers aren't there again. Hugs..

Ally Lifewithally said...

Here's hoping you have a great weekend ~ and the Sun shines for you ~ Ally x

Sonya said...

Good entry...your pics always make me smile...You have so much fun camping!
Hope you have a good weekend. I still have one more day. (sigh) lol

a corgi said...

have a great weekend!! I agree about putting trust in God; I always struggle with it but I find if I can trust Him, life goes sooo much better!

betty

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

I hope you have a fun and safe weekend.
Take care

Kathy said...

Have a restful and invigorating weekend. Looking forward to your pictures.

Kath said...

Have a fantastic time Ma,Good to be back reading again.I wish I could stop worrying and changes would happen sometimes.Still I do continue to have faith in the Good Lord and I do know he will answer my prayers one day.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Hollie said...

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!