It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Chapter 7, Page 7, Book 09



Summer is the time when one sheds one's tensions with one's clothes, and the right kind of day is jeweled balm for the battered spirit. A few of those days and you can become drunk with the belief that all's right with the world
Ada Louise Huxtable


GOOD MORNING!

I know that while I’m at my camper for the weekend it seems I am in a different world. Rarely do we even hear about what is going on in the rest of the world. The few days of peace and quiet are a blessing.

Last weekend however we did have a bit of campground drama and I hope it doesn’t become a habit as the peacefulness of the place will become a thing of the past.

Maybe it was just that there were a lot of people there for the holiday weekend. I do hope so. I really don’t want to see my relaxation spot shattered. I don’t like the bickering or back biting that can happen when folks are dissatisfied.

The drama had nothing to do with my immediate family so I’m thankful for that. We really do enjoy the peace and quiet and just get pleasure from our time together.

For the most part I feel like I add quality to my work days just because I take some time out on the weekends.


THOUGHT FOR TODAY

It amazes me that most people spend more time planning next summer's vacation than they do planning the rest of their lives
Patricia Fripp

‘On Ya’- ma


8 comments:

Jeannette said...

Well, we never go on vacation so I would not know. Love the photos on your sidebar. xx

Hollie said...

I do not like DRAMA either. I try to avoid it at all costs if possible. I pray everything will be back to normal for you at the campground!

Faye said...

Vacations are almost a thing of the past with us.
When I became ill, I dropped journaling and reading journals too.
As I'm getting better, I'm attempting to journal again.. http://faye-fayesdays.blogspot.com/ and I'm thrilled to be reading your blogs again.
Faye

Kathy said...

I hope the peace and tranquility returns this weekend and stays. Some people thrive on chaos don't they?

a corgi said...

hoping things are peaceful this week at the campground; I think it is a stressful time for some people and they carry that stress even at places that shoudl be relaxing and fun, like vacation time.

betty

scrappy quilter said...

I too hope the peace and tranquility improves. There always seems to be a few that ruin it for others. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Carlene Noggle said...

I love peace and quiet! Too bad some folk can't learn to act decent and let others enjoy themselves! Hope it was just the croud there and not going to be an everytime thing.
love ya,
carlene

Sybil said...

What a shame that the peace was disturbed last weekend. fingers crossed that that lot will not be around again, and peace once more will reign... How long have you been going to that Camp Ma.? it is always so lovely looking at the photographs and seeing the happy smiling faces of the family.
Much Love Sybil