It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, July 06, 2009

Chapter 7, Page 6, Book 09


Hollie over at www.lifeinasmalltown.blogspot.com gave me an award last week
for the Honest Blogger Award

Now the rules state that I need to post 10 honest things about me and then pass the award on to 7 other people.......well......here goes.....
1. I am 65 and looking forward to retiring next year.
2. I work for a contractor and am the only secretarial worker/office manager they have.
3. I am devoted to my family
4.I am a Christain and love the Lord.
5.The only pet I have left at my house is a very old Quaker parrot that is the same age as my youngest son
6. I enjoy camping and do it every weekend April through October.
7. I have 7 children. 6 boys and 1 girl.
8. I drive a 2000 Ford Taurus that I call the Silver Streak

9. I rarely watch tv and enjoy reading.
10. I enjoy the outdoors and all the beauty of nature

Thanks again Hollie......

I am not good at passing on awards but if you would like to list your 7 truthful things please pick up the award and follow the rules by posting your TRUTHFUL things on your blog.
GOOD MORNING!
I had a great weekend and am going to work again this Monday after having 3 nice relaxing wonderful days off. I have a vacation day again on Friday so I really am looking forward to another 4 day work week. The days always fly by but we had a great time. The pictures on the side bar reflect only a little of what we did. I can tell you we ate a lot and relaxed a lot and did little of anything else.

The babes all went to the local fireworks display on Saturday evening but I sat at the campground and relaxed some more.

Hope your weekend was a great one and you are refreshed and renewed for another brand new week.

‘On Ya’-ma

8 comments:

Hollie said...

I enjoyed reading your list. Wow, I see you all had a wonderful weekend! I'm glad....especially you at the chocolate store! Mmmmmm

Yay, another four day work week for you!

Cindi ;) said...

First thing I did waa go thru your pics....and looks like another great time spent camping!!! Love the chocolate spending...my favorite!
Have a great day

scrappy quilter said...

Love the pictures and congrats on your award. Wonderful that you only have a 4 day work week. Hope your week goes well. Hugs.

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

7 kids! Wow..I take my hat off to you. How blessed you are to have such a big and loving family.
Sounds like all your kids get along and are close, which is wonderful and rare nowadays.
My husband comes from a big family and they never even keep in touch.
But it has alot to do with his parents.

Ora said...

Your pics are great...and the picture above of the lake is so peaceful looking and the ducks!!! Glad you have another long vacation week end...happy day to ya...Ora

a corgi said...

congrats on the award! yum on the chocolate spending, that was money definitely put to good use! looks like you had a great weekend; I'm sure that trip to Amish country was fun!! DDIL#3 is looking great with her pregnancy! I'm glad they were able to come up and have some fun relaxing time!

I like the picture of the lake too on your header; very nice up there!

it was fun to read your 10 facts about you; I didn't know what kind of work you did; I'm sure you are looking forward to retiring!

betty

Kathy said...

Your pictures show how much fun and love you all have. I like your list too.

Joan said...

Glad you had a good weekend with plenty of rest and relaxation just the thing for a working lady. Love Joan