It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Chapter 7, Page 30, Book 09


What is the Secret of Success?
Takes pain, said the window.
Keep cool, said the ice.
Drive hard, said the hammer.
Be up to date, said the calender.
Never be led, said the pencil.
Be sharp, said the knife.
Make light around you, said the fire.
Stick to it, said the glue.
Be bright, said the lamp.

There is no point at which you can say, Well, I'm successful now. I might as well take a nap.

Carrie Fisher

GOOD MORNING !

Do you think you are a successful person? I think that I am still working on it. Just about the time I’ve reached the top, something always happens that lets me know I’ve a long long way to go.

I truly am a work in progress so to speak. I have achieved many milestones on the journey I call my life, but I’m still going strong. Certainly not as strong as I’d like to be yet I’m still on the pathway and many curves and bumps in the road have taken their wear and tear.

We all lead such different lives and have different abilities and purposes. Some are nurses or doctors, some are teachers and lawyers. Some like me are just waiting to retire.

I want to be able to achieve some things I’ve never tried and to enjoy life to the fullest. Opportunities come and go and I’m going to be looking for some new ones coming my way. Oh yes, I am a work in progress for sure.

Tomorrow is a vacation day for me so I’ll be gone now for 3 days. I hope your weekend is one filled with lots of R & R. You’ll all be in my thoughts and prayers.


THOUGHT FOR TODAY

That man is successful
who has lived well, laughed often,
and loved much, who has gained the respect
of the intelligent men and the love of children;
who has filled his niche and accomplished his task;
who leaves the world better than he found it,
whether by an improved poppy,
a perfect poem, or a rescued soul;
who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty
or failed to express it;
who looked for the best in others
and gave the best he had

Robert Louis Stevenson
'On Ya'-ma

12 comments:

Jeannette said...

I am certainly not a successful person, I do not think anyone ever actually is, we all just have to do our best. Enjoy your extended three days and have fun.

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Thanks for another GREAT post MA!! Have a wonderful 3 days off...I'll miss you.
Blessings~Sharon

Hollie said...

I'm a work in progress too. I know you will enjoy your three day weekend. It's my weekend to work...

It's raining again here this morning. I love to sit & listen to it. It's so relaxing!

Linda :) said...

Have a wonderful weekend!! :)

Kath said...

"If at first you don't succeed try and try again" is something I quote to myself almost every day Ma.So happy for you that you have another long weekend.Enjoy every minute and I keep forgetting to say your table above on your header looks wonderful it's so pretty.Thankyou for sharing the picture with us..Pryaing for good weather for you and all the family.Thankyou for my Birthday wishes so kind of you in your comment.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Sugar said...

enjoy your 3 days! :)
love your post, as always. {}
huggies...

Ora said...

Hi Ma...hoping your week end is great...even if some rain might fall...you still seems to manage well LOL...and as for being a success....no...I guess I would be classified as a "work still in progress" LOL...but I do know I am better than I was fifty years ago...life has a way of teaching you things...even if you don't want to learn!!!??? LOL...guess that is why they call it "life?"..hugs to ya...all week end!!!

Rose said...

Your posts always entertain me and enlighten me.

Am I successful? Probably not but I'm content to a degree.

a corgi said...

I'm a work in progress, and I don't think I'll be "complete" until I go "home".

enjoy your weekend!! I bet you are looking forward to another fun, relaxing one!

betty

Elizabeth said...

Have a great 3 day week-end !

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

I think being healthy and happy is the most important things.
And if my family is well and happy makes me pretty content.
I don't feel very sucessful as far as how much money I have made, but the things that really matter and that are important has made up for it tenfold.
Enjoy your weekend.

JeanJournal said...

Ma. . .It brightens my day to read your blog ~ ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND! http://jeanpageionl.com