It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Chapter 7, Page 29, Book 09



The only reason for being a bee that I know of is making honey....and the only reason for making honey is so I can eat it
Winnie the Pooh


THE honeybee is known for ceaseless labor. Its hive is a hotbed of activity. No wonder. A single worker bee makes 1/12th of a teaspoon of honey in her lifetime, and a good hive will produce 50 to 60 pounds of honey to survive the winter. The work never ends!
Still, it's a little known fact that even the hard-working honeybee will find a spot on the comb, cease all activity -- and do absolutely nothing for a while!
Many of us discover that our levels of stress and anxiety rise because of the never-ending tasks that fill our days. We worry about whether we can keep up. During these moments I find it best to follow the example of the honeybee and just stop.

GOOD MORNING!

Sometimes I feel like I’m on a merry go round and often think it will never stop. When those times come it also seems as if anything I try to do is fruitless too.

The best thing I can do for me and others around me is just stop and take some time out. If I’m at work a little 5 minute break often works wonders. If I’m at home I can just go for a walk around outside and look at the flowers blooming everywhere or watch the birds at the feeders.

No matter what taking some time just to breathe helps for sure.

We’ve all heard about taking deep breaths when we are overwhelmed. They do help !


Tart words make no friends;
a spoonful or honey will catch more flies than a gallon of vinegar

Benjamin Franklin

‘On Ya’-ma








8 comments:

Angie said...

Hello Ma! I can't take a little break because I haven't actually got started yet! It's 11am and I'm not even dressed yet.

It does help though, just to be able to take a few little minutes out of a busy day to stop and do nothing.

One more cup of coffee then I'll get dressed! I feel a bit incorrigible today, not to mention bone idle.

love, Angie, xx

Sugar said...

i agree. {}
have a lovely day.
huggies...

Hollie said...

Interesting about the honeybee. A little breaks does work wonders. Thanks for sharing your photos. you guys went all out:)

scrappy quilter said...

I agree with taking breaks. I learnt a long time ago to do things in 15 min increments. Then take a break. It has worked for me. When our kids get frustrated and need a break, I get them to count to 10. It works for them. We all need those times of refreshing. Hope you have a wonderful Wed.

Kath said...

Iv'e never stopped today Ma once again.So I decided just what you are saying here in your blog.To stop and relax a while.Thus reading up on blogs.Whoops!!! the time is going so quickly on this computer and I have lots still to doI must go now LOL!! Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Sandra said...

Hi Pam,
I havent been here since Spring I think. I have been enjoying all your pictures! You have been having a wonderful summer, haven't you,,,:)

a corgi said...

I like the new header picture you put on your blog, Ma; so very nice with the Bible and candle on your table :)

that was interesting about the bee; so much hard work for producing so little, but even in that, it knows to take a rest every now and then

I think its always good to "stop and smell the roses" so to speak and to step away from working every so often and just let the mind rest for a bit; I find if I do that, I do come back more productive :)

can you believe it is almost August already?

betty

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

very true..we must take time for rest and ourselves. Also look at how good honey is..and good for you. My best friend eats a tablespoon a day. She said it is a good mood elevator. My grandmother use to feed me a hot biscuit with honey for breakfast.