It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, July 27, 2009

Chapter 7, Page 27, Book 09


Happiness is a bowl of cherries and a book of poetry under a shade tree

Astrid Alauda


The tastes of summer

A homegrown tomato is the crown of many gardens, a jewel in sun

Peaches, ripe and juicy

warm sunny days with an abundance of farmers markets

a sweet refreshing watermelon

fresh yellow perch fresh from Lake Erie

an ice-cold popsicle, straight out of the freezer

GOOD MORNING !

I do love summertime and we have been having lots of fresh fruits and vegetables to eat. They do taste so much better when they are right from the garden. I don’t have a garden but the local farmers market has a good selection.

I put a few pictures of the Christmas in July celebration at the campground in the side bar for you all to see. My kids decorated to the hilt this year. Friday evening was nice so they were able to get a lot of it done then. Saturday brought some rain but it cleared up in the late afternoon so they added even more lights to everything they could around our campsite. They do love to decorate and had a lot of fun.

DDIL had shredded a bunch of paper to use as a fire starter but we wound up using it for artificial snow and the grand’babes’ had loads of fun having confetti snowball fights. We sang a few Christmas songs and got to see Santa. That is a highlight for the little ones for sure.

Sunday turned out to be a beautiful day and all the decorations had to be taken down and put away so it was good it wasn’t raining. They said it is easier taking it all down than putting it up. I mostly watched and enjoyed it all.

I hope your weekend was a great one and you are ready Monday. I say ‘Ready or not, Here I come’



THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Vegetables are a must on a diet.
I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie

Jim Davis


‘On Ya’-ma

10 comments:

Jeannette said...

It all looks such fun. Love the pictures.

Cindi ;) said...

love the pics...thx for sharing your fun weekend!
xoxox

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

MA, you are such a fun lady!! What a great weekend. Merry Christmas in July!!!
Blessings~Sharon

LYN said...

WHAT IS CHRISTMAS IN JULY ALL ABOUT? THEY HAD IT ON THE SHOPPING CHANNELS ON TV THIS WEEKEND TOO!!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

The Christmas tree industry is VERY big in this area....so we have a Christmas in July Festival that involves the closing the main street and all the businesses for the weekend...

Enjoy.....LindaMay

madcobug said...

Glad that you all had a great time. I like that veggie diet. Helen

a corgi said...

I love the vegetable diet too! those were great pictures of your Christmas in July celebration; I think its neat how everyone was creative to celebrate it too!

betty

Linda :) said...

I love it!! Happy Holidays!!

Sybil said...

For a moment this morning I thought I had slept for a few months and it was Christmas already !! then I remembered you had your Xmas in July what a brilliant idea. It is one I am going to sugest for our annual Revels which we have end of May and it always has a Theme...
I am so happy for you that you have such fun times at the weekend. Roll of Friday for you xx
I have had a friend visit from Scotland for a few days I have not seen her for about 40 years it has been a great treat for us both. She goes today when I drive her over to Cardiff in Wales where she will visit her daughter.
Love Sybil xx

Ally Lifewithally said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all ~ Loved the pics thanks for sharing ~ Ally x