It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, July 24, 2009

Chapter 7, Page 24, Book 09




CHRISTMAS IN JULY

In the northern hemisphere during the summer months the weather becomes increasingly warm and many people crave the atmosphere of cooler temperatures, gift giving and holiday spirit. To satisfy this, some people throw parties during the month of July that mimic the holiday of Christmas. The features of Christmas in July include Santa Claus, ice cream and other cold foods and gifts.


My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?

Bob Hope

GOOD MORNING!

Tomorrow we are celebrating Christmas in July at the campground. About the only white stuff we’ll be seeing is those white downy things that float in the air from the Cottonwood trees. It’s supposed to be in the 80’s with a chance of rain this weekend.

Santa always comes on his golf cart sleigh wearing his Hawaiian shirt so we decided we’d do a luau themed Christmas in July. Ham and pineapple kabobs are on the menu. Of course I’ll take lots of pictures to share.

I’ll be remembering you all in thought and prayer though out the weekend and I’ll be back, God willing, on Monday morning!


THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Christmas is not a date. It is a state of mind

Mary Ellen Chase

‘On Ya’-ma




8 comments:

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

You are such a fun girl MA!! Always into something!! Merry Christmas in July and everyday!! Have a GREAT time! Love your Santa in the golf cart....Blessings~Sharon

Kath said...

The food sounds delicious I forgot to mention that on your other blog Ma.Lets hope those odd clouds roll by and you don't get any rain.I will be thinking of you whilst I am on the beach.I hope the children enjoy it all.Catch up with commenting Tuesday evening when I return.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Cindi ;) said...

Tell Santa I want a hot pink bike for Christmas this year, a brand new.....lol Have fun!
xoxoxo

Hollie said...

Oh, I can't wait to see the photos! It sounds lke great fun!!!!

Angie said...

I'm with Bob Hope here: no need to keep it for Christmas! Actually I find it sad that, increasingly, people are not using the word Christmas any more. I wish they would.

love,Angie, xx

a corgi said...

love the header, Ma; and the idea of Christmas in July at the campground. I bet it is a really fun time enjoyed by all! and your menu sounds delicious too! I hope you and your family have a great time this weekend; looking forward to seeing the pictures come Monday :)

betty

scrappy quilter said...

Last year we had a Christmas in July picnic at the church we were then attending. It was fun.

However not near as much fun as my Christmas in July here in our own back yard with my 3 grandsons. It's even better than Christmas.

Jeannette said...

Sounds very strange to me but you do things differently over there, you have higher temperatures. I know you will have a great time.