It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Chapter 7, Page 23, Book 09



Realize that true happiness lies within you.
Waste no time and effort searching
for peace and contentment and
joy in the world outside.
Remember that there is no happiness in
having or in getting,
but only in giving.
Reach out share, SMILE, hug.
Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others
without getting a few drops on yourself

motivational speaker Og Mandino

I read an article recently about What Makes you Smile. The idea being that you should focus only on those things that bring a SMILE to your face. If it does not do so, then stay away from it.

Lots of things make me smile. The list is endless. The truth of the matter is that too often is not possible to stay away from the things that we cannot smile about. There are those circumstances in our lives that are here to stay awhile so what can we do about it?

We can choose to SMILE anyway.

We can be involved in a negative situation and still choose not to let it drag us down. It’s not always easy to do that and is something that requires a bit of work for sure. Your smile can exert a positive, powerful force on a lot of dealings with people.

On days when I am not particularly cheerful, I smile as though I was cheerful. It may not make me feel elated, but it does make me feel better

Hopefully, you will have much to smile about. On days when you do not feel like smiling, smile anyway. A smile can alleviate sadness without any side effects.

Smiling or even seeing somebody smile releases endorphins that work in the brain to give an overall feeling of well-being

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Happiness leads to smiling, and smiling leads to happiness. Happiness is your natural immunity, having a profound, positive effect on your health and well-being. If you are happy, smile. If you aren’t happy, smile anyway. It will help you get there


***BIG SMILE***

‘On Ya’-ma





5 comments:

Kath said...

I am smiling now sat here commenting and yes it does make you feel much better.Even though I am waiting to go in the garden to do some work but cannot because it is pouring down realy heavy and the heavens have opened once again.Not to worry I think I will get my boat out instead Heeeeeee.Can you feel me smiling back at you.Take Care God Bless kath xx

a corgi said...

I smiled, Ma, when I saw your BIG SMILE. I like that saying "Smile, God loves you". If we just remembered that very thing that God loves us and what that means, we'd be walking around with the biggest smiles on our face all the time. I think we continue to let life drag us down instead of remembering who we are in the Lord's eyes.

enjoy your day

betty

Ally Lifewithally said...

It is so true that smiling is contageious ~ to see someone smiling always makes me smile as well ~ Ally x

Joann said...

I told a waitress that was serving us to smile, awhile back... I joked that it would make serving us ALOT easier! She smiled the rest of the time we were there.

Thanks for the reminder!!

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

smiles are contagious. sometimes it helps to give one to someone who really looks down.