It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Chapter 7, Page 21, Book 09



Don't underestimate the value of Doing
Nothing, of just going along,
listening to all the things you can't hear,
and not bothering
Pooh's Little Instruction Book, inspired by A.A. Milne

GOOD MORNING!

By now I’m sure that you know how much I value my weekends at the camper. I know that I talk about it often enough. It provides me with companionship, smiles laughter and rest. It is important that we all take some time out. It’s also important to have someone to share a good laugh with too.

Sometimes the stress of our daily lives becomes almost overwhelming and to get away from it all is a blessing and I am thankful for it.

In times past I wasn’t able to get away for the weekend, but I still found ways to take a break and very often that break was reading a good book. I still read a lot but not as much as I used to.

All of us need to find some way to just let go of the troubles of the day and think some good thoughts and smile awhile.

In the middle of a hectic work day I always try to take a short break and get online to read of few of the blogs I like. There is nothing quite as relaxing going out for a ride down a country road on a horse or seeing how the tomatoes are growing, or even taking a walk on the beach. I do all those things through the blogs I read and I love it.

I hope you take some time out too! It makes a world of difference.


Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths
Etty Hillesum

‘On Ya’-ma





7 comments:

Hollie said...

I agree totally! I know you enjoy your camping so much. It's so relaxing & refreshing!

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Amen Ma! So true, so true.

Kath said...

I love to take time out to read a good book too Ma and read the blogs.Keep up your good work there are not many posting on the blogs I follow nowadays,they all seem to have gone to Facebook,I am happy you are still here.Have a lovely day.Take Care God Bless kath xx

scrappy quilter said...

I totally agree with you. We all need breaks to rejuvenate and just relax. You always have such great words of wisdom.

Jeannette said...

I take time out by reading or listening to music, sometimes watch an old classic movie and, of course, reading blogs.

a corgi said...

totally agree with you, Ma, about taking breaks/time outs. My work encourages us to take 15-minute breaks in morning/afternoon. Says it is good for productivity to get away for a little bit and regroup and recharge

betty

Linda :) said...

I have been enjoying my lazy vacation of getting caught back up with everyone in blogger... when at work I always enjoy a good book on my lunchtime... and then in the evening tv time with the boys of a good show or movie... Almost half way through your five day week!! :)