It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, July 20, 2009

Chapter 7, Page 20, Book 09


SUMMER PRAYER

Long warm days...
The pace of life slows...
A time for picnics and rest in the shade...

Lord,help me to rest awhile in the cooling shade of your presence.
Slow down my restless heart and fill me with gentle compassion for all your people.
Amen

GOOD MORNING !
As always on a Monday morning I’ll be going off to work once more. The weekend was cool but nice and it seems I did little but eat.

Thursday evening shortly after I arrived at the campground DS#1 and his wife came in and we off to eat dinner out. Two of their children had spent the weekend with DS#5 and his wife so they were down to 1 child at home and felt like going out.
Friday morning came and we decided to go exploring. There is the lovely place not 15 minutes from the camp and we had a delicious luncheon there.
Friday evening came and DD and her hubby came in along with DS#1’s other 2 children. We had a feast of Chili dogs and corn on the cob for our supper.
Saturday DS#1 and his wife made homemade egg rolls and fried rice and one of our neighboring campers brought over a scrumptious cake for dessert so we had another feast.
Sunday we had a hearty breakfast of French toast, bacon and sausage gravy and biscuits. I couldn’t eat everything, but I certainly made a good dent in it. By the time Sunday lunch rolled around we all dined on leftovers from the previous 2 days.
I mean to tell you I ate very well this weekend. Now I know I’ll need to cut back this week.
If anyone has ever made lemon mint tea please let me know how…I just love it.
‘On Ya’-ma

9 comments:

Cindi ;) said...

the lemon/mint tea looks refreshing,I might need to find a receipe myself & try...as always pics of your weekend look wonderful...thx for sharing
xoxoxo

Hollie said...

The 2 places you ate at look like my kind of places. Sounds like you did eat well this weekend. Mmmmm

Kath said...

My word I am happy too read I am not the only one who eats well when away from home LOL!! I think you almost bet me Ma.LOL!!LOvely pictures and it looks like the children had fun at baseball.Wow great logs for the fires.Loved the pictures what a brilliant time you always have.Thankyou for sharing.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Linda :) said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm that was a very yummy weekend!! Have a great week!! :)

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Sounds like too much fun MA! Wish I were there too~!! What amazing pictures, what a beautiful place indeed. Blessings~

scrappy quilter said...

Sounds like an absolutely wonderful weekend. Another Monday with awesome pictures. Hope you have a wonderful Monday and week.

Sybil said...

What a great weekend you sure had...all that delicious eating..yum yum yum...Glad that everyone enoyed themselves as usual. What a wonderful lot of wood that is for the fire later when it gets a bit cooler..It all seems such a wonderful setting.
Have a good week,
Love Sybil xx

Joan said...

Glad you had such a goo 'eating' weekend. French toast now there's a blast from the past. We were taught to make French Toast in cookery lessons at school now that must have been over 50 years ago will have to make some soon. Love Joan.

a corgi said...

your glass of tea looks so inviting on your blog header, Ma; sounds like a wonderful weekend with all the food and good companionship!

betty