It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Chapter 7, Page 16, Book 09


Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans
John Lennon
Stop wishing and fearing the future long enough to be fully present in TODAY. Some great things are happening today that bear no resemblance to what you planned.

GOOD MORNING !

Each and every day is a new beginning. A new day that might not be all we planned. I know I make plans and hope to see them completed, but very often those plans just never get done. Life does have a way of changing moment by moment. In just one tiny second so many things can change.

It is good to make plans because without them nothing would get done. We just have to adapt a positive attitude that will carry us over when things don’t turn out as anticipated.

So you stepped on a banana peel and slipped yesterday, does that mean it will happen again tomorrow? There's always tomorrow - a tomorrow that can shine so long as you don't project yesterday's shadow upon it.

Too often we focus on the negative and forget about our countless blessings - health, friends, family, beauty, nature, our body, our mind, and life itself

The guiding principle for a joyful life is planning and preparing for the future, while at the same time accepting that you hold next to no control over future events. By placing no demands on the future, you can enjoy whatever it brings

I plan to have a peace filled restful weekend and I hope you all do too. As always you are in my thoughts and prayers.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY
I Asked For...
I asked for strength... and God gave me difficulties to make me strong
I asked for wisdom... and God gave me problems to solve
I asked for prosperity... and God gave me brawn and brain to work
I asked for courage... and God gave me dangers to overcome
I asked for patience... and God placed me in situations where I was forced to wait
I asked for love... and God gave me troubled people to help
I asked for favors... and God gave me opportunities
I received nothing I wanted. I received everything I needed.
MY PRAYER HAS BEEN ANSWERED!


There are many wonderful things that will never be done
if you do not do them


Charles D. Gill




8 comments:

Hollie said...

You definitely have to be able to roll with the punches. I hope you have a wonderful weekend at the camper & i'm sure you will.

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

A wonderful Post~~so true. Thanks MA for the gentle reminder!! Have a great weekend!!

Jeannette said...

I hope you have a blessed and peaceful weekend. Your journal is taking forever to load, go into formatting and find how many entries you want on the page. Make sure it is set no higher than five.

Linda :) said...

Have a wonderful weekend at Camp Rainey!! After work tomorrow I am on vacation for a week.... :)

scrappy quilter said...

Great post and so very true. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, with lots of sunshine, warm temps and a whole lot of fun. Hugs..

a corgi said...

wonderful advice, Ma; I need to take it more to heart and not stress tomorrow; to remember who is in control and that He really knows what he is doing!

betty

Kelly said...

Todays words are words to live by for sure. :) Thankyou for your inspirational blog. It helps to be reminded to count our blessings not our short comings. I hope you have a wonderful weekend coming up too. I plan on it myself! Hugs, Kelly

Kath said...

Lovely words once again I so enjoyed the read.Relax enjoy and have a wonderful weekend.I read Jeannettes comment I am finding your blog ok to open it is very quick.Take Care God Bless.Kath xx