It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Chapter 7, Page 15, Book 09



If a Dog Were the Teacher
If a dog was the teacher you would learn stuff like:
When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind
in your face to be pure ecstasy.
When it’s in your best interest, practice obedience.
Let others know when they’ve invaded your territory.
Take naps.
Stretch before rising.
Run, romp, and play daily.
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
No matter how often you’re scolded,
don’t buy into the guilt thing andpout.
run right back and make friends.
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.
Stop when you have had enough.
Be loyal.
Never pretend to be something you’re not.
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
When someone is having a bad day, be silent,
sit close by and nuzzle
them gently.

GOOD MORNING!

I am a dog lover and even though I am now dogless, I have had dogs around me for the better part of my life. Sometimes just one and sometimes 2 or 3 at a time. I can really relate to the list about dogs teaching us things.

Sometimes when I’d be upset and in a rush, all they wanted was to play awhile or just get some lovin’ in. I had to give in and was always glad I did. Many nursing homes and hospitals have what they call pet therapy because they have found that taking the time to pet a dog or cat really does benefit the patients.

Dogs are good teachers and we could all benefit from following their advice.

A Little Summer time thought for today…

Benefits of Iced Tea

Iced tea may be the quintessential summer drink, but a glass is more than just a delicious refreshment on a hot day

All black and green teas, iced or hot, contain antioxidants called polyphenols. Research suggests that polyphenols work to track down free radicals, which are unstable molecules that can damage cell structure. By combating free radicals, antioxidants may be able to prevent widespread cell damage and, therefore, decrease the risk of heart disease and cancer. Green tea gets more hype because it contains the highest concentration of polyphenols, but all teas, with the exception of herbal teas, contain some polyphenols

To get the most from a glass of iced tea, brew it from loose leaves or a tea bag using boiling water. You can add sliced lemon to perk up the flavor or, even better, fiber-rich crushed raspberries

MMMMMM…good!

Every day is a day to celebrate
Come along relax
and CELEBRATE with me

‘On Ya’-ma





8 comments:

Hollie said...

Awww, I love the dog thing. I guess I never really thought about it in that way. They are man's best friend! Thanks for sharing!

Cindi ;) said...

I love coffee...hubby is on a tea kick lately...I'm not sure I could convert..

Ally Lifewithally said...

I loved this entry ~ and the Dog being our teacher ~ I am sure they could teach us many things ~ Allyx

a corgi said...

I liked the dog advice; its so true too; honestly, they have it made, don't they? We clean up after them, feed them, love them, talk to them, they get to sleep all day; but then of course they aren't made in God's image like we are; but so neat he gave us these little furry critters to enjoy

that was interesting about the tea facts; thanks for sharing

betty

Sybil said...

How I agree with all the dogs saying Ma. They sure could teach us a few simple things...My wee Dee certainly could !!
Much Love from a sunny Box Village today x
syil

Rose said...

First of all, I love your new Header!

Someone bought me a loose tea brewer and it makes a huge difference in the taste of tea.

Loose tea cost more but the variety of flavors are great. I still need my coffee in the morning to get my MOJO going.

Hugs, Rose

Kath said...

Too true as the saying goes " It's a Dogs Life " I like the lazy part especially when the sun shines relaxing in the shade and more so on the beach.Your favourite place to be.LOL!!I am not a big tea drinker but I do prefer loose tea than t/bags.Have a lovely evening Take Care God Bless Kath xx

scrappy quilter said...

We've always had dogs. I can't imagine not having at least one in our home. Hope you've had a wonderful day.