It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, July 13, 2009

Chapter 7, Page 13, Book 09







The wonders and fun of paper and plastic

Just sharing a fun thing I did at lunch time on my day off Friday.

Now on today’s entry:


Something happens to me when I witness someone's courage. They may not know I'm watching and I might not let them know. But something happens to me that will last me for a lifetime. To fill me when I'm empty, and rock me when I'm low

Holly Near

Some of the most wonderful things about people will never be seen by others: the secret generosity, the forgiveness for hurts that will never be named, the brave acceptance of illness and coming to terms with death. Remembering the courage everyone must summon — sometimes moment to moment — to face the difficulties of life, we take this day to celebrate the humble courage of the human spirit

From one of my daily meditations


GOOD MORNING !

We may not realize it but every day there are courageous people all around us. I know quite of few myself. Difficulties come to all of us in one form or another, but we don’t all handle them in the same way.

One of the best things we can do for ourselves is to take life one day at a time and moment by moment too if need be. This enables us to forget the past and focus on the now. It also helps us to stop worrying about the future.

Today is Monday and I go back to work once more. I am going to do the best I can to make it a great day. I hope you do too.


THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same

Anonymous
'On Ya'- ma

10 comments:

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

What a beautiful weekend you had!! Lovely scenery, a wonderful family to help, yummy dinner!! And...a gorgeous sunset with a fire!! Life is good..isn't it Ma?
Bless you sweet lady.
Sharon

scrappy quilter said...

I'm so glad you had a great weekend.

Sometimes it's hard taking one day at a time, and yet life is so much easier when we do. I think we need to learn to live in the moment, don't you.

Have a wonderful Monday.

Cindi ;) said...

I almost didnt recognize the camper...sooooo shiny.....lol
Love the table scape pics...adorable...glad you had another enjoyable weekend!!!!


ps the ice bucket is too cute!

Kath said...

I am slowly trying to live one day at a time.God Is Good.I adore your beautiful tableware it is realy cheery.What a wonderful week/end how could it not be anything else with such an adorable family to share them with.I love seeing the pictures of the children helping.The food looks delicious and I pray your weekend camping continues for many more yrs to come.You so deserve them.Yiu raised a fine family Ma.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Sonya said...

I don't think any of us were real excited to go back to work today! ha! Those fried pies sure look good in the picture!!!!
Have a great week.

a corgi said...

love your table setting; so festive! I think sometimes we look for courageous in people who fight for our country or are firemen or police officers, and while they definitely are courageous, sometimes the most courageous are people who live their lives with lots of hardship and pain and you don't hear them complain and you see them being kind and compassionate to others

hope the work week goes well :)

betty

JCWillow99@gmail.com said...

I enjoy sitting down at a pretty table, whether it be fancy or paper plates. Yours looks very nice.
I am glad you had a good time with your kids.
Hope you have a good week ahead.

krissy knox said...

Hi, Ma, I've got some plastic dishes like that too! Mine are different watermelon plates that sit inside each other. I also have a flip flop and surfboard, LOL.

krissy knox :)
check out my twitter:
http://twitter.com/iamkrissy

Joyful Days said...

Those photos are so pretty!! Looks like lots of fun.

Great thoughts on courage. Many times we forget about quiet courage.

Sybil said...

It is so great that you can have your weekend away just to relax by that lovely fire if need be or just sit out and enjoythe sunshine with some of the family around. Loved the look of the pies. don't know what was inside them but the look a bit like what we call Cornish Pasties...they are made with mince (ground I think you call it) lamb/beef/pork whatever, diced vegs. whatever one has to hand...they were originally made for Cornish Miners to take down the pits to work. They had thick rims so they could be thrown away.after you had held them in dirty hands....if you hadn't gobble them up that is !!
Hope the rest of this week goes well
Much Love sybil xx